Harley Davidson Forums banner

161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,255 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
A man who knows about food! Kruez market used to be great along with Blacks. Haven't been to Lockhart in years. Maybe it's time to go.

·
Banned
71 Posts
A man who knows about food! Kruez market used to be great along with Blacks. Haven't been to Lockhart in years. Maybe it's time to go.
I don't know if the market is still open or not. Heard something about it a few years ago, But I don't remember exactly what it was.

Anyway , I'm banned from Lockhart , I have an EX who lives there . :eek

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,255 Posts
Haven't been to Black's

Hopefully better than Southside Market in Elgin

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Best Pizza? Lots of people will tell you that you got to go to Chicago or New Yawk for that...f'get about it...

Best Pizza in the world, and quite possibly the entire Milky Way Galaxy is located right over here in Central Arkansas at Rod's Pizza. After that, give Popplo's Pizza here in Malvern a shot.

After all, who wants to fight Chicago and New Yawk traffic for a pizza?

·
Hard Member
3,242 Posts
Best Pizza? Lots of people will tell you that you got to go to Chicago or New Yawk for that...f'get about it...

Best Pizza in the world, and quite possibly the entire Milky Way Galaxy is located right over here in Central Arkansas at Rod's Pizza. After that, give Popplo's Pizza here in Malvern a shot.

LilJo, read Pecos post, last sentence had me in tears!:D

• I have been to NYC and had excellent pizza.
  • I have been to KC and had very good pizza.
  • I've been to San Francisco and had a surprisingly good pie.
  • BUT, I have flown to Chicago for the sole purpose of going to Countryside Illinois, a Chicago suburb, to eat at Ledo's Pizza.
  • I have driven 18 hours each way to eat at Ledo's Pizza.
  • When drunk, I took the train to Chicago and cabbed it to Ledo's Pizza for a pie.
  • There is enough greasy, slimy, nasty stuff in their pizzas to lube your scooter and still you would eat that pie over others.
  • I also visit my mom when in town and she don't know that I really visit to go to Ledo's Pizza.
  • Y'all can close this topic now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Papa's Pizza Place in Bolingbrook and Woodridge, IL and Dan's Pizza in Downer's Grove, IL. Family owned stores, all the same recipe. Thin crust like Rosati's, but superior in every way.
Just like Pecos mentioned for Ledo's, same kind of attraction for this brand. I've made trips across country just to grab a pie.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts

Who wants to go to Arkansas when we can go around the corner?

·
Registered
614 Posts
You guys make me laugh. For those of you who nerver had, you will never know. New York pizza destroys all others hand down. Ive tried others from many states and the quality of the crust, sauce and meats used are not even close. Everyone would like to think they have a NY style pizza but NO, sorry. Trip advisor has no clue, they get their reviews from people who havent even been to the state of NY let alone have tried the pizza. And those of you who think you have to be in NY City for good pizza are also wrong. You can get just as good pizza on Long Island 30 to 40 miles outside the city. Lots of Italians left Brooklyn and Manhattan for the suburbs a long time ago and keep the tradition going. Ever on Long Island try Umbertos or Mama Teresas or phils or Calda or Porta finos. Im sure theres a lot more, id be here all day naming them. Same as the bagel, everyone else tries but nobody can match it.

·
American
27,581 Posts
Too bad I will never know, don't plan on going to New York again!

161 - 180 of 182 Posts