Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When all these Bostonians were ordered to "shelter in place", a term I've never heard before. How many do you think wished they were armed and trained? Especially if only normal resources had been used. I'm concerned that other like minded people see all the resources tied up, along with the media exposure and copycat crimes will be seen. I'm afraid this is just the beginning of a long bumpy road. Life as we have known it is over!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,008 Posts
I got to wondering how the people who were in fact "sheltered in place" on Franklin St. in Boston were feeling as all of those rounds were being fired and obviously were not hitting the critter they were aiming at. Where did all of those rounds go? Imagine, it took the entire Boston PD and half the US Army to capture one 19 year old kid. I'll be interested in seeing how many banks, liquor stores, and small businesses got robbed last night.

·
Noel
7,365 Posts
Shelter in place drills twice a year at work.

The plan is that during an event in which it's dangerous to be out doors, when a Tornado, Bombing , civil riot, chemical attack of the neighborhood etc. is occurring.

Depending on the nature of the danger, we gather at the center core of the building, away from windows, then implement various protection strategies until the risk has diminished.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,008 Posts
Shelter in place drills twice a year at work.

The plan is that during an event in which it's dangerous to be out doors, when a Tornado, Bombing , civil riot, chemical attack of the neighborhood etc. is occurring.

Depending on the nature of the danger, we gather at the center core of the building, away from windows, then implement various protection strategies until the risk has diminished.
Duck and cover wouldn't be one of those strategies, would it?:rofl:

·
Noel
7,365 Posts
When all these Bostonians were ordered to "shelter in place", a term I've never heard before. How many do you think wished they were armed and trained?
Yes, I bet more than a few citizens were thinking just that the night they were spotted on the other side of the Charles River.

Especially if only normal resources had been used. I'm concerned that other like minded people see all the resources tied up, along with the media exposure and copycat crimes will be seen. I'm afraid this is just the beginning of a long bumpy road. Life as we have known it is over!
I've seen this coming for some time, life as we knew it before 9/11 is done, I'd love to see it all come back to those days, but really find it hard to believe that no more terrorist actions like what we saw this week will never happen again. It will happen again, because we're such namby pamby, ass kissing, tree huggin kumbi-ya society. :ughwerd:

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got to wondering how the people who were in fact "sheltered in place" on Franklin St. in Boston were feeling as all of those rounds were being fired and obviously were not hitting the critter they were aiming at. Where did all of those rounds go? Imagine, it took the entire Boston PD and half the US Army to capture one 19 year old kid. I'll be interested in seeing how many banks, liquor stores, and small businesses got robbed last night.
Yeah, a lot of missed rounds going somewhere. I can't imagine that many rounds so few hits. I thought there is something about military being used against U.S. citizens. No matter how evil.

·
Banned
612 Posts
This turned into a Justice Dept. practice drill for martial law , not if , but when it's declared . They effectively closed down one of the largest cities in America . Why else would EVERY agency be on the scene ? FBI ? Homeland Security ? Military ? DEA ? ICE ? And a few others I never heard of . They didn't need every leo east of the Mississippi for a 19 year old wrestling student with no background training in weapons or military tactics . Again , obama didn't let a good tragedy go to waste...

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Old Timer, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Anybody remember Benghazi? What about N.K.s missile threat? Didn't hear a lot about West, Tx. But this was pretty much 24/7 since it started. I have a bad feeling, a very bad feeling?

·
Breaker of Things
3,357 Posts
My question is why shut down the whole city when in the news conferences your saying you have "an effective perimeter established"? It seemed to me that the govt used this as a way to see how easy it would be to get the sheeple to accept Marshall law??? Don't really know what to think of it right now???

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,008 Posts
Reaper, maybe up Nawth where the sheeple are accustomed to using th local gendarmere to solve their problems they would go indoors like a gentle herd, but down here, everyone would be gatherd on their front portches with six packs and shotguns or a few AKs and ARs.

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts
Reaper, maybe up Nawth where the sheeple are accustomed to using th local gendarmere to solve their problems they would go indoors like a gentle herd, but down here, everyone would be gatherd on their front portches with six packs and shotguns or a few AKs and ARs.
Same here,toss in a couple shotguns.a 30.06 and 45. Come to my house uninvited,get carried out or buried in the back 40.

·
Breaker of Things
3,357 Posts
+1 brother!!!!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
instead of having all of those people locked up in their homes, why didn't they just get together and arm themselves and take these guys out instead of having to wait on police, then they make the police to be heroes afterwards when it was the homeowner who called in this guy being in his boat in his yard. Now they are protecting this guy and guarding him in the hospital when they were just trying to kill him, Go Figure!

·
Registered
429 Posts
This turned into a Justice Dept. practice drill for martial law , not if , but when it's declared . They effectively closed down one of the largest cities in America . Why else would EVERY agency be on the scene ? FBI ? Homeland Security ? Military ? DEA ? ICE ? And a few others I never heard of . They didn't need every leo east of the Mississippi for a 19 year old wrestling student with no background training in weapons or military tactics . Again , obama didn't let a good tragedy go to waste...
IMO, it is a mistake to assume he had no background training in weapons, etc. He had weapons with him and he knew how to use them. His family roots are in Chechnya, and he spent the first nine years of his life over there. Jihadists, militants, etc. are indoctrinated in "the cause" at a very early age before they can even comprehend it. Both brothers supposedly were infrequent attenders at a Cambridge mosque located about 10 minutes from their residence. It wouldn't be the first time people were radicalized, or influenced by a radical imam at at mosque.

He also could have been "schooled" by his older brother after he returned from his six month disappearance when he traveled to Russia.

·
Registered
429 Posts
instead of having all of those people locked up in their homes, why didn't they just get together and arm themselves and take these guys out instead of having to wait on police, then they make the police to be heroes afterwards when it was the homeowner who called in this guy being in his boat in his yard. Now they are protecting this guy and guarding him in the hospital when they were just trying to kill him, Go Figure!
Agreed, the homeowner is the real hero. He was alert and saw that something was amiss, saw blood, saw the perp and called authorities. I believe this house was outside of the perimeter that was set up.

Remember "Taxachusetts" is another one of those states that has strict gun control laws. Those laws certainly didn't stop the Tsarnaev brothers from acquiring weapons. It was reported the younger brother was in possession of a firearm that had the serial numbers "ground down."

Perhaps there would have been a different outcome if the person whom had his SUV carjacked would have been packing heat.

·
Banned
447 Posts
Have a look at the videos of the firefights in the Watertown neighborhood and then tell me w/ a straight face that nobody "needs" and "assault rifle."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts