Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although my job still requires me to come in every day, between the rain and the "Shelter in place" order by California Governor Gavin Newsom, this is what I'm looking at for the next few weekends! Cleaning and polishing..... polishing and cleaning! What are you guys doing to keep from going batshit crazy?!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Making daily visits to the grocery store trying to find toilet paper and paper towels. No luck in almost 2 weeks! Good thing we had just bought some before this really ramped up. Most everything else is now starting to be available. Guess we will have to run to the local Texaco when we run out...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Both my beautiful bride and I are retired. I'm 70 with a heart condition. We're set for food etc for 2 - 3 weeks.

Other than not being able to see the grandkids we're doing pretty much our usual things. We'll, no restaurants, bowling, movies, . . . you know.

Being real careful now. Trying not to worry much keeping busy with cleaning the bike, yard work and generally putzing around. Thinking I need to use up some of my scrap lumber and build bird houses.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thinkin gonna have to get a set up like this with towels...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Red Necks version of a Bidet?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I am a high school Mathematics Instructor and will be working entirely from home. I've set up a document camera and am recording video lessons for my students to watch. All of the quizzes and tests I give will be done via Schoology, which is a program my students are already using. I miss my other classes and seeing my students face-to-face, but am not missing my Period #4 Study Hall . . . my hair loss/hair graying was way down this week due to no Study Hall.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,740 Posts
Yup NC
Doing anything around the house during the day then watching Netflix or Amazon movies.
Went for a few walks around the neighborhood no one out walking much .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick, it appears you live on a golf course. Do you play?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm pretty much in the same boat as the rest of you. I'm 74 and my bride and I are hunkered down here at home for the next couple of weeks. We've been taking a walk in the evening, keeping our distance from the other walking folks, which helps with the boredom. With some back problems I had earlier this year, my poor bike has not been out of the garage since Christmas. I think I am going to put some air in the tires and take a spin around the area tomorrow. I haven't heard of anyone getting infected on a bike yet. There's almost no traffic, so it will make an easy ride.

Sure will be nice when this is over. Until then, one day at a time.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't heard of anyone getting infected on a bike yet.
Yup! Living up here in the mountains, that's exactly what the wife and I have in mind for our "Social Distancing"! Take some food with us, don't need to talk to the gas station attendant, and don't plan on chatting with anyone else. Just need for it to quit raining on my weekends and off we go!

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,740 Posts
I’m surrounded by golf course’s and don’t play. I have 4 within walking distance

Well, that has to be rough. Just curious, do the bad knees keep you from walking as much, or keep you from swinging the club? Maybe a cart and playing the forward tees, not swinging like Brooks or Rory?

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Swinging the clubs after a while I feel it.
Walking has slowed down also. 2 things I like doing .
Walking is the lesser of 2 evils

·
Registered
823 Posts
Although my job still requires me to come in every day, between the rain and the "Shelter in place" order by California Governor Gavin Newsom, this is what I'm looking at for the next few weekends! Cleaning and polishing..... polishing and cleaning! What are you guys doing to keep from going batshit crazy?! View attachment 782925
WOW! Sweet shop! (y) (y) That guy fast eddy gives me the creeps...I swear he must be the devil in Prada.
Thinkin gonna have to get a set up like this with towels...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's similar to what i told my wife: "The shower wand is right next to the toilet, just use it as a bidet' 🤪

I am a high school Mathematics Instructor and will be working entirely from home. I've set up a document camera and am recording video lessons for my students to watch. All of the quizzes and tests I give will be done via Schoology, which is a program my students are already using. I miss my other classes and seeing my students face-to-face, but am not missing my Period #4 Study Hall . . . my hair loss/hair graying was way down this week due to no Study Hall.
Good to know that, teachers hate study hall as much as us hellions! 🙃

·
Registered
823 Posts
The powers that be, have decided that we are now "Mission Critical" so, they split our crew in half at work. Half on day shift, Half on nights...I ended up on nights. So now I'm trying to re-set my internal clock...Hard to do now at 62. That was simple back when... But, now that the traffic is very light and i will be commuting the opposite flow of afternoon - to early evening traffic. I just might break my rule of no commuting on the bike. As its more of a joy ride now...If only the weather would cooperate.

·
Proud Infidel
2,773 Posts
Since I've been avoiding large crowds for decades, I'll keep it up.

Not much of a change here except not eating out as much. I'll still put some miles on the scooters weather permitting.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Wayward Son
23,216 Posts
My Realtor and Mortgage company are still hard at it.
House hunt was to have gotten serious starting in May. Got a link to a great little house.
One story w/basement. Central air. Big garage with dooropener.
Fenced in yard for Abe.
Then along comes this bug. Guess I'll stand pat for a while.
Doubt it will sell anytime soon.

·
old scoot coot
3,342 Posts
flying and day trips to keep cabin fever away, if it ever quits raining. probably start pacing a brown bag lunch.😎

1 - 20 of 126 Posts