Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

some of you remember my introduction thread and remember that i bought my bike back in december and due to the winter and my current job (OTR truck driver) that my 2012 street bob only had 50-60 some odd miles which to me is a crying shame.

well im happy to say i got some home time for 5 days straight and definitely put some miles on her. right now she sits at 630 miles on the odo which aint bad for only 5 days if i dont say so myself and for my hectic work life.

i rode that thing everywhere lol. first thing i did was put the plate on and rode it down to the beach to check out the ladies in bikini's then went all over town up the coast of new hampshire on RT 1A which is a beautiful ride even got rid of my chicken stripes on both wheel and got a little peg scrape-idge on some of the twisties out there then got my new passenger pillon from harley and brought the G/F on her first ever bike ride and she did great.

Then went up to Gray Maine up to a buddy's house for a bbq which is about 2 hours away with the G/F came back the same night but it got pretty chilly so we stopped at a nice little hotel in Wells ME for the night and rode the coast way back

then today because my pick up is in the shop i rode to work which is 2 1/2 hours away up in jefferson ME just outside of Augusta. that wasnt so much fun though. i got caught in a nasty rain storm on the way up with of course no rain gear. but i did make it after a few stops to dry off under some over passes.

so all in all I love my bike she's done good and hopefully we can have a lot more fun rides together. I'm back on the road for 6 weeks this time but when i get back ill be going on vacation to mooshead lake ME and u guessed it I'm bringing the bike and probally some rain gear this time lol

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts
Nothing but WIN! Have fun!

·
Super Moderator
4,060 Posts
Great story! Even the crappiest times on a bike in the rain are great memories! Glad you are racking up some miles!

·
Between Eternities
845 Posts
Yeah getting my Harley changed my life, and I hope you have similar experiences (like you, I make an excuse to do everything on the Harley - if I could just figure out a way to cut the grass while riding....)

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Glad to hear you are putting on the miles.

·
2,327 Posts
Hey Mike
That's a great post.. Done that ride many times and got rained on damn near every time. lol Glad to see your putting some miles on.:thumbsup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya she is fun nothing like the feeling....and even better actually being comfortable at the same time is huge bonus (ex crotch rocket rider) now when i get back clean her up a little and off to moosehead lake i cant wait. the thought actually crossed my mind to get a local job where im home for more then 4 days a month just to ride the bike (dont tell the g/f the reason lol)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was just telling my buddy the other day that I'd like to ride all the the way up to Maine sometime. I am a former crotch rocket guy as well and I swear I don't miss it a bit. I rode last summer up to the Black Hills and re-rode everything I used to zip around on when I was younger. So much better this time around. Part of the reason I'm riding this recliner for the next couple of weeks is because of a lingering issue with my neck. I hit a deer up there years ago and broke my neck. It was probably one of the mili-seconds in all of my sport bike riding time that I wasn't doing anything wrong. Anyway, should be fixed up now and I can't wait to get back in the seat. You know what I think about a lot, Mike? Thank goodness they didn't have go-pros and digital cameras back then. The only thing that can escalate my stupidity quicker than tequila, is a camera. Enjoy the bike, brother.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just telling my buddy the other day that I'd like to ride all the the way up to Maine sometime. I am a former crotch rocket guy as well and I swear I don't miss it a bit. I rode last summer up to the Black Hills and re-rode everything I used to zip around on when I was younger. So much better this time around. Part of the reason I'm riding this recliner for the next couple of weeks is because of a lingering issue with my neck. I hit a deer up there years ago and broke my neck. It was probably one of the mili-seconds in all of my sport bike riding time that I wasn't doing anything wrong. Anyway, should be fixed up now and I can't wait to get back in the seat. You know what I think about a lot, Mike? Thank goodness they didn't have go-pros and digital cameras back then. The only thing that can escalate my stupidity quicker than tequila, is a camera. Enjoy the bike, brother.
amen brotha when i was riding the digital camera was still somewhat new very few mounts for anwhere on a bike aside ones that involved duct tape, a little redneck ingenuity, and a hope and a prayer that will eventually get to live long enough to see the video. but nope dont miss the plastic bike one bit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts