Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched some and read some threads here and there . I got a Wind Splitter demo shield for the weekend , got the 4.5" and it works if I duck down , 7" is most likely the one I need to try.

I've also considered the Klock Works , both seem pricey for a piece of bent Lexon , they are sexy looking , I'll give em that.

I'm about to grab a Long Ride Shields Recurve Ultra Elite 7" or 8" for my 14 SG , decent discount right now , 1/2 and then some of the other two.

Any body got good / bad reviews or comparisons between these or others ?

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Duce

I had the wind splitter 7" on my 14 street glide and liked it, but bought the 8.5" Dark Smoke Flare from Klockwerks and found I liked the look and function much better. no experience with the others.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I searched some and read some threads here and there . I got a Wind Splitter demo shield for the weekend , got the 4.5" and it works if I duck down , 7" is most likely the one I need to try.

I've also considered the Klock Works , both seem pricey for a piece of bent Lexon , they are sexy looking , I'll give em that.

I'm about to grab a Long Ride Shields Recurve Ultra Elite 7" or 8" for my 14 SG , decent discount right now , 1/2 and then some of the other two.

Any body got good / bad reviews or comparisons between these or others ?

I think the LRS is function over form, won't look as cool, but will do the job much better.

Freedom shields is another great manufacturer. The Klock Werks to me is form over function. They look cool for sure.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I use a 6 inch dark tint freedom shield. No wind in the face, but I'm a bit vertically challenged at 5 5.
You will still be taller.....

than a few of the wives at The Collision. :)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
tour14.jpg ive run the 7" windsplitter and 2 different 8" LRS shields. i like the look of the windsplitter better and pretty decent wind control. the 8" LRS shields are perfect wind control but cut night time visability down in front of the bike some. but i have also just installed a SoCal HID kit and daymaker LED aux lights. CAM00014.jpg

20150324_145843_resized.jpg

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the reply's , I just ordered the LRS 7" Ultra Elite with light tint , I like the looks of the KW better but for $88 shipped I couldn't pass the LRS up .

Probably will try a KW down the road , will see .

·
*Senior Member*
138 Posts
I have the Freedom Shield 8" light gray tint installed but bought the Long Ride Shield 10" Recurve Ultra Elite light gray tint since it was on sale for 60% off back in Dec. Couldn't resist that sale so I decided to try a taller shield at that price. I'm too embarrassed to tell how much I paid for it because it was so inexpensive. Haven't installed the LRS but it is very similar in shape and style as the Freedom Shield. They both have the recurve and it really helps divert the wind away from your face. I prefer function over form.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a klock works. I like it a lot. They say their design allows for more downward thrust on the front end of the bike from the wind. Giving you better handling. Compared to other shields that act as a sail lifting the front end. You feel it too. Riding along you feel the front end pushing down. Stabilizing it. Highly recommend.

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts