Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have forward controls on my FXDC. Does anyone know the right part # for this cover to fit my bike?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
46304-01

Not a cover. It is a replacement linkage.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Sonofabitch. For the work it would take to install, just get a replacement linkage.

·
Señor Member
19,747 Posts
Sonofabitch. For the work it would take to install, just get a replacement linkage.

Absolutely. No one wants some flimsy cover. The replacement linkage isn't much more $, is almost easier to install, and looks way better and is more rigid than stock (I'm told).

·
Registered
41,434 Posts
Absolutely. No one wants some flimsy cover. The replacement linkage isn't much more $, is almost easier to install, and looks way better and is more rigid than stock (I'm told).
The difference between the stock and replacement linkages is the heim joints used.

The stock setup is crap, but easily fixed to be better than new.

Get a couple heim joints and you can improve the stock shifter rod.

You can get em thru Amazon
Amazon.com: Aurora Bearing Company CW-5S; 5/16"-24 Stud - RH / Rod End Thread - RH: Automotive

Have a couple sitting on my desk, for when I need something to do this winter.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to the dealer yesterday. They don't make a cover for the Dynas. Gonna go with a replacement. Just can't find one I like.

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
The stock Heim joints aren't crap, they fail because they never get lubed ! Gotta peel the rubber boot back and squirt some lube on them while doing the regular spring service.

·
Señor Member
19,747 Posts
Went to the dealer yesterday. They don't make a cover for the Dynas. Gonna go with a replacement. Just can't find one I like.

That's why I'm still stock. As soon as I find "the one" I'm replacing mine.

·
Señor Member
19,747 Posts
The stock Heim joints aren't crap, they fail because they never get lubed ! Gotta peel the rubber boot back and squirt some lube on them while doing the regular spring service.

Mine haven't failed, but I haven't lubed them either. Never occurred to me to do so. I'll add it to the 25k list that I'm doing as soon as she comes home from getting tires.

What lube do you suggest? 3 in 1? Grease?

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
I use lithium grease. Something that doesn't dry out.

·
Señor Member
19,747 Posts

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
I use lithium grease. Something that doesn't dry out.

Good stuff. It'll look like an elephant just sprayed baby batter all over it. But it definitely won't dry out!

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
Good stuff. It'll look like an elephant just sprayed baby batter all over it. But it definitely won't dry out!
Well geez ! Just wipe the excess off, kinda like when you have a wet dream !!! :what?

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
Well geez ! Just wipe the excess off, kinda like when you have a wet dream !!! :what?

I like to let people know where I've been. ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts