Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a '93 Electra Glide and the shifter rattles a lot. Bought 2 new bushings but I can't find anything in the manual about procedure. The new ones are a split bushing. Are the old ones usually hard to remove? is there any special tools, pullers, etc. needed for the job? Thanks in advance for any hints.

Glenn

·
Banned
71 Posts
I got a '93 Electra Glide and the shifter rattles a lot. Bought 2 new bushings but I can't find anything in the manual about procedure. The new ones are a split bushing. Are the old ones usually hard to remove? is there any special tools, pullers, etc. needed for the job? Thanks in advance for any hints.

Glenn
Part number 27 , bushing , one each end .

Remove ends and pull shaft out: drive old bushings out , push new bushings in .

Bushings are not split , They are solid .

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part number 27 , bushing , one each end .

Remove ends and pull shaft out: drive old bushings out , push new bushings in .

Bushings are not split , They are solid .
I may have the wrong parts. Harley dealership is an hours drive for me but a buddy of mine, who has a '90 FLHTC, drives past it to work each morning. He picked the parts up for me. The bushings are split down one side. I will check the part number on the packages. Thanks for the advice.

Glenn

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just went out to the shed to have another look. The part number on the bag is 33713-85B-HD5. Does anybody have a parts list that can compare to this?

·
Banned
71 Posts
Just went out to the shed to have another look. The part number on the bag is 33713-85B-HD5. Does anybody have a parts list that can compare to this?
33713-85B BUSHING shifter bracket | DJ93/DJ94/DM93/DM94/DP93/DP94/FA93/FA94/FD93/FD94 $3.56

:biker:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first number is the one I have. But the bushings are split down one side. What are the other numbers? I checked further into the manual and found more info. It says to use a blind bearing puller. My Buddy has one so I think I should be good to go.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I just looked at a '93 diagram, and 33713-85B is the bushing for the shaft that goes behind the heel/toe shifter. H5 may be a color or material code. While I had my shaft out, I drilled & tapped the case for a zerk fitting. Now it gets greased.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just looked at a '93 diagram, and 33713-85B is the bushing for the shaft that goes behind the heel/toe shifter. H5 may be a color or material code. While I had my shaft out, I drilled & tapped the case for a zerk fitting. Now it gets greased.
Mine has a grease nipple installed already. That's what I'm doing to slow down the vibrations. In this picture (I found online) you can see the shifter shaft tube on the left, like it was added on to the case. You can see the bushing inside. Mine has a grease nipple attached.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts