Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had great Saturday weather after bringing new Dyna Low Rider home last Monday. My 2014 FXDL has forward controls and I'm only 5' 7" long. Without the extra seat section the Low offers, I wouldn't be able to reach the toe shifter. I measured the shifter from the center of the connection to the inside of the rubber cushion on the toe to be exactly 8". I need one that is 7" or slightly smaller. Going to the Dealer Saturday, they didn't have any specs on any that are in the catalogs. I guess my best bet would be to take a tape measure to the Dealer and measure all the bikes that look like they might have a shorter shifter and purchase one for that bike and install on mine. Does anyone know of a shorter shifter. I don't want to purchase the stock mids because they make my knees feel like they are up to high. I've already sat on one of those and didn't like it at all.

·
Registered
226 Posts
you can have an inch cut out of yours ,weld and grind and polish the weld . that is if you cant buy a shorter one..******

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thought of that. But, I'd like to keep the chrome shiny on the shifter.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Thinking the shifter on my Nightster is about that long. So you might find a chrome one on a Sportster with mids. Hope it fits the shaft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts