Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have FLH shocks on my ironhear sporty, mainly cause they drop the rear fender height about 1 to 1 1/2 inch. well the bike rides like a hardtail, that would be fine if it was only town cruising, but out here in BFE, roads are harsh.
My question is, what length are stock FX shocks? would they be light enough to give my bike a more comfy ride? I can't remember (off the top of my head) what length the FLH shocks are. I had a pair of 2000 sportster shocks given to me but they are about 1 inch too short, and won't even fit on my shockmounts anyway.

Just tossing around ideas, as I am trying to get stuff in order to get my old ironhead back together b4 spring.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I believe....and I'm guessing, that FLH shocks are 12.5" eye to eye, and the Sporty and Dyna are 13.5", hence the drop of one inch.

I have an old set of progressives that are 12/12.5" that give a decent ride you can have, but they're gonna need some cleaning and possible need to be painted black due to surface rust and wear..... just pay me the shipping.

PM me if you're interested....

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
Maybe some Dyna shocks will work and if there to tall you can get a shock lowering kit.I have a kit from my old dyna that I got from Dave eons ago still new in package.It changes the position of the shocks on the bottom .moves em back a little you can have it if you want just pay shipping its a small package.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer Dean, but Dave just took care of me.
Dave, PM sent

See folks, this is what I was talkin' about, I needed help and 2 people offered help and in less than 5 minutes of postin.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Hey badass ,just wondering if that kit will fit a 08, 883 sporty ?

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
It might Im not sure it says it fits models 91to 99 dyna glide most dynas have similar qualitys as sportys.I can take a pic later and send it to ya or here is the part #white brothers 28- 282ch there is 2 #s 28524 if ya need it send the shippin its yours.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the help, Dean. If I had read your post b4 Dave's I'd be sending you some $$.
Iffin the shockes from Dave end up not working and you still have these, i'll be gettin ahold of ya. Thanks again.

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
No worries Bro no one asked for it so its here when ya need it if ya do.

And you know come to think of it Dave might of got em for those shocks ask him because I got em from Dave.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Dave!

Went to post office this morning and I had me some new shocks in a box. Thanks much Dave, oh, and thanks for the eastwood catalog too. I ordered their book one time and never did get one, good stuff in there.

Thanks again, I owe ya!:thumb

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Cool....:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts