·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do stock Harley shocks have a part number stamped on them?:feedback:

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
Yes, lower inside. Maybe a sticker. That might not be the same p/n that's in the current book tho.

·
Wayward Son
23,313 Posts
Had the shocks on my 83 disassembled several times. But that was many, many years ago.
Do not recall seeing any markings. Name or part number.
This may have changed since and depending on where HD sources the shocks from.
Someone may be able to help more if we know just what you are trying to find out.

SCHMIDTYS beat me to it. The springs, covers need to be pulled to see it clearly?

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
I'm assuming the OP is asking about the air shocks. Maybe I'm assuming too much !

·
Wayward Son
23,313 Posts
I'm assuming the OP is asking about the air shocks. Maybe I'm assuming too much !
:dunno Dyna`s have air shocks?
Dayum! I really need to keep up. Thunder. Still stuck in the 90`s. And earlier. :(

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
Oops, I missed that the OP has a Dyna ! See, I assumed too much.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well, wanting to be helpful, I went out to the shop and looked at the stock shocks that I pulled off of my FXDB when I upgraded to Progressives. I went over them in a fine-tooth coma, but:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason I asked about a number is the 2014 WG I bought seemed to be lower in back, a friend has a 03 WG, the rear shocks on mine measure 11.5 center of bolt hole to bolt hole, his measure 12.5. Thought maybe they put lowered shocks on it.

·
Wayward Son
23,313 Posts
The reason I asked about a number is the 2014 WG I bought seemed to be lower in back, a friend has a 03 WG, the rear shocks on mine measure 11.5 center of bolt hole to bolt hole, his measure 12.5. Thought maybe they put lowered shocks on it.
Bought new?
Your friends are original?
11 years difference in age. Pretty sure there was a frame change in there. Shocks may have been changed accordingly.

2014 should be part # 54615-01. That is the entire assembly, including springs.
2003 does seem to have a different part #. But did not dig deep enough to find it.
Being a different # could indicate a number of different things. Including length.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts