Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
old scoot coot
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi please, dont laugh. i know from descriptions of pts which one to choose, just wanted to understand why. on pull back risers in harley store, there two that shorten the reach. one, the longer one, 6 in says it shortens the reach a bit. the other one, 4 in. says it shortens the reach by 5 inches. ok, i know this is where you will laugh, i dont understand why the shortest one decreased the reach more. thanks in advance for your patience and kindness. i know this question must be one that makes me seem totally clueless but i really am curious, so if makes me look to stupid, i will laugh with you. :biking:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

sorry could not help it hahahaha

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
The shorter it is the father it holds the bars away from you. ..and the longer the riser the closer it holds the bars to you

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
The shorter it is the father it holds the bars away from you. ..and the longer the riser the closer it holds the bars to you

I'm on Tommy's side here. If he's quoting the description correctly, it's not consistent with what you said. I presumed what Quilty said is true, but it doesn't jive which what Tommy is laying down.

·
old scoot coot
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on Tommy's side here. If he's quoting the description correctly, it's not consistent with what you said. I presumed what Quilty said is true, but it doesn't jive which what Tommy is laying down.
thanks, cheif. i agree with what quilty says completely. but the info in the harley store ad claims the 6 inch length shortens the reach only a bit and that the 4 inch length shortens the reach a full 5 inches. i just couldnt reconcile their discriptions. it must be a typo. thank you guys for the reply.:biking:

·
old scoot coot
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

sorry could not help it hahahaha
oh ciiiiiisco, im laughing too! sometimes i amaze my self with my little one sided brain, which at 68 after surviving the 60s and 70s isnt exactly puppy pi:biking:nk anymore.

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
Its just the matter of how long the bent part of the risers are and the angle at which they are bent.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try Khromewerks I put these bars on my 07 ultra. Paid only $90 for them. You will need either a longer clutch cable or route it outside the fairing. They claim to bring the bars 2inches closer. The grip angle is more comfortable also. I adjusted them to 1inch higher and 1inch closer. Big difference in comfort. I dont feel like I am reaching anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts