Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A LEO associate suggested that it is not too smart for a woman riding her motorcycle alone to stop for another motorcylist on the side of the road. Your thoughts?
Off duty, he rides, waves to anyone else on a motorcycle regardless of type and stops for everyone who may need help.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I would say it depends on where you are, around here I would stop for anyone on the side of the road and I would think it safe for a woman to do also. There are some places out of town that I would think seriously about stopping.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
There is risk in everything we do. It's been my experience that the vast majority of bikers are above average in friendliness and character. My thoughts are you should stop for them. If you are not that comfortable then stay on your bike and keep it running until that really smart voice inside your head tells you what to do.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
There is risk in everything we do. It's been my experience that the vast majority of bikers are above average in friendliness and character. My thoughts are you should stop for them. If you are not that comfortable then stay on your bike and keep it running until that really smart voice inside your head tells you what to do.
Yep.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
I've stopped for folks... and would hope that someone would do the same for me some day.

Obviously, common sense should prevail - if you don't feel comfortable, go down the road a bit, pull out your cell phone and call a state trooper!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts