Harley Davidson Forums banner

2501 - 2520 of 2523 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just picked her up last week.

Mods as of right now:
- Mustache engine guards
- Hard leather locking saddlebags (w/ relocated turn signal/brake/plate kit)
- Willie G collection pieces -
Gas cap
Derby cover
Timing cover

Just looking to enjoy the season from now until Oct/Nov, depending on how Mother Nature wants to play it. :grin

·
Registered
139 Posts
Had for 2 weeks now. Working on sorting out all the stuff the PO did wrong. When the oil filter took the A-team to get it off, I knew this was gonna be fun....haha

Attachments

·
Earth-bound Misfit
607 Posts
My forty eight 2014 with bigger tank.
Cheers!

Now that's perfect! :smile

(Dumbest thing in the world, that little 2 gallon gas tank...IMO)

·
Registered
639 Posts
This is my wife's 2016 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight with all the "extras" I've added to it in the last couple years.

Attachments

·
Earth-bound Misfit
607 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I almost got the '48 Special over the 1200 Iron, because of that sweet tank paint job, but the smaller tank would be harder to deal with for my commute. My '05 1200C has a 2 gallon peanut tank and when I ride it for work I have to fill up daily. But that '48 sure is sweet with the fat tires and awesome wheels!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I almost got the '48 Special over the 1200 Iron, because of that sweet tank paint job, but the smaller tank would be harder to deal with for my commute. My '05 1200C has a 2 gallon peanut tank and when I ride it for work I have to fill up daily. But that '48 sure is sweet with the fat tires and awesome wheels!
I keep a couple of five-gallon gas containers in the garage. After my wife takes her Forty-Eight out for a ride, I always top off the gas tank because it's so small. It saves trips to the gas station by having extra gas in the garage.

On longer trips, I carry a spare one-gallon gas container that was specifically designed to fit in the saddlebag of my Ultra Limited. Haven't had to use it yet, but it's nice knowing it's there if needed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I still have to paint the other side cover and fender, if I ever get it straightened out. I do like the color thought. A sight better than it was before.

Attachments

2501 - 2520 of 2523 Posts