Harley Davidson Forums banner

2541 - 2553 of 2553 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Nice lookin' Sporty! Backfiring issues: If this bike is new to you and/or you are new to riding HD's: One primary cause of backfiring ( during deceleration or downshifting ) is a simple riding style remedy: Make a conscious effort to "fully close" the throttle whenever making any attempt to decelerate. If the throttle is even slightly cracked, a backfire will result. (i thought my bike had a backfire problem for my first couple of months after i got it. The reality was the loose nut holding the bars needed adjustment) ;) Happy motoring!

Reactions: Justrick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice lookin' Sporty! Backfiring issues: If this bike is new to you and/or you are new to riding HD's: One primary cause of backfiring ( during deceleration or downshifting ) is a simple riding style remedy: Make a conscious effort to "fully close" the throttle whenever making any attempt to decelerate. If the throttle is even slightly cracked, a backfire will result. (i thought my bike had a backfire problem for my first couple of months after i got it. The reality was the loose nut holding the bars needed adjustment) ;) Happy motoring!
Well this loose nut is pretty much the same. Until now I have had metric bikes. I found they were pretty flawless and found that to be kind of boring. I wish I had of visited a Harley Dealer years ago. The reputation was they were double the price of metrics and needed more repairs. I love the repair aspect and the prices are pretty similar now and a wider diversity of machines. I am a very happy new Harley fan. I have been riding 55 years of my 70 years alive and found a new adventure.

2541 - 2553 of 2553 Posts