Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2521 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The pipes are Hooker Troublemakers, I'm looking for another set they started leaking between the head pipe and muffler they have a reducer there thats not welded all the way around so after 1600 miles and a year later it started leaking, so when I let up it pops pretty bad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 1984 Iron 1000
Duel fatbob tank, with spedo, SE Exhaust, S&S intake, still needs some work but it's in progress!

·
Harley and Barley
244 Posts
i cant wait to pot pics of my sporty!
i want to post pics of how it was when i got it, then after i make it fit me better.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
love the whole bike, Cory, but judging by the last pic, your front pipe is blued way too far back, might check that your carb is not running too lean, at least that would be my guess as to why it is that hot, but I may be wrong

·
236 Posts
Iron 883
It's all factory. I may mod it in the future, but it's new and so far I'm cool with the stock config.

BTW: I love this bike!
I hear you bro, that is an awesome bike. I seriously considered it when I bought my new 1200C.

·
Registered
16 Posts
love the whole bike, Cory, but judging by the last pic, your front pipe is blued way too far back, might check that your carb is not running too lean, at least that would be my guess as to why it is that hot, but I may be wrong

Yep, was indeed the issue. I've stripped those pipes anyway, went with a set of custom welded 2" downs a friend of mine makes em up, i'll have to get some pics posted when they are on. I just want to ride!:nod

·
Drill, Baby, Drill!
861 Posts
Here's my '09 Sportster 1200 Low. My husband just installed my forward controls today. At first, I was reluctant to get them because I thought the position would be uncomfortable, but I can't believe how comfy the position is. I also have an engine guard and slip ons to install. Here are some photos taken today. You may have to click on them for a larger view.

Side View:
New Forward Controls - Side View.jpg

Rear View:
New Forward Controls - Rear View.jpg

Side View 2:
Chrome Side.jpg

·
OMR
951 Posts
lets see if I can post a picture here. 2008 nightster with the stage 1 upgrade
P1010016.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here my 94' XLH1200.

Had her over 2 years never thought to take any pictures of her before now. Had rain day from work today so went out to garage and took these.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Here's my '09 Sportster 1200 Low. My husband just installed my forward controls today. At first, I was reluctant to get them because I thought the position would be uncomfortable, but I can't believe how comfy the position is. I also have an engine guard and slip ons to install. Here are some photos taken today. You may have to click on them for a larger view.

Side View:
View attachment 3734

Rear View:
View attachment 3735

Side View 2:
View attachment 3736
that looks like a big comfy e-g seat.

21 - 40 of 2521 Posts