Harley Davidson Forums banner

81 - 100 of 2551 Posts

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts
Thanks Gruss. Is it you that has a 'thing' for vespas?:thumb I went to a show yesterday and saw a chopped vespa. I've uploaded a photo of it. I'll see if I can send it to you somehow.
its a good joke gone bad for me. send it anyway, i'll need the ammunition.
g
:lol8

·
born to be mild
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
PM sent. Now lets see if I can get a bigger pic up on here....

hey, it worked!!

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts

·
born to be mild
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
The mufflers are just the stock ones that came with the bike. Its a UK model so maybe they're different to the US ones. The seat is the HD 'Pillow Look' seat. It was on the bike when I bought it used. It's super comfy but it makes the bike look really tall. I'm gonna get a solo seat for when the Mrs on the back.

Had to ride home from work at 6.30am yesterday through a torrent of rain! Bike is now filthy and the shiny bits are not shiny any more! I spend a lot of time cleaning this thing. The UK weather and Harleys are not friends!

·
Retired Army
181 Posts

Here's some pic's of my little ladies bikes. She still has both but the 2004 883 will be going soon. She just picked up the 2007 1200 custom last night. She wanted the more powerful 1200 and EFI so thats what she got. It already had V&H slip ons and the stage one air cleaner and download. I have to change out all the parts from her 883 to the 1200 so she will be able to ride it a little easier(progressive 11" shocks, grips, levers) and i have a solo reach seat on the way.

·
Banned
58 Posts
I saw this topic and thought it would be appropriate to post a pic of my Sporty as my first post to this forum. I bought my bike about three months ago, and even though I am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, I have done, and do, all the wrenching myself on it. So I think I will be visiting here quite often and tap into all the experience I see is here.

Anyway, the top pick is of the bike as it was when I bought it, and the bottom pic is of what I have done so far. I did away with the mid controls for forwards, raked the front end 14 degrees over stock and extended the forks 6", relocated the lane change indicators to the forks, replaced the Sundowner seat with a Badlander, and put on some V and H shortshots. Still have a few more things to accomplish, but need to slow down on the spending side of it.:D

·
SNOWmageddon!
1,511 Posts
Just picked her up this week.. a lightly loved 2009 1200L

Attachments

·
Mind Not For Rent
1,307 Posts
Here's my old '92 Sporty.

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is my 2000 sportster xlh1200. I bought it 3 weeks ago. It has 2800 miles on it and no issues except for the fork legs that have the clear coat pitted. I’m going to follow the instructions Dave provided in a recent post to polish them. Actually the bike leaked some oil from the front cylinder head when I bought it but people from this forum helped me find out what the problem was (the rocker cover gaskets needed replacement) and I already got it fixed. Thanks again!
I really wanted a sportster sport, I love the look of those dual front brakes but during my search I came across this one and I bought it (needles to say that two days after I bought it I found a sharp sportster sport for sale for the same price I paid for mine…I wanted to kill myself…)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice bikes!!

Anyone has a picture of the H-D Sidekick or Badlander seat on the Iron or even a regular Sportster? Would like to see them in "real life". Please share if you have. Thanks.

:thumb

81 - 100 of 2551 Posts