Harley Davidson Forums banner

1841 - 1860 of 2522 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is my '86 883 bored and stroked to 1200. I usually call her Sweet Cherry, but lately I've been referring to her as The Disaster. I still love her anyhow.

...forget it, it keeps loading upside down. If you click the picture it shows right side up.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
This is my '86 883 bored and stroked to 1200. I usually call her Sweet Cherry, but lately I've been referring to her as The Disaster. I still love her anyhow.

...forget it, it keeps loading upside down.
Bored AND stroked???

The stroke on the 883 and 1200 is the same.

I'm not trying to call you out, but I have never heard of someone stroking the 883 to make a 1200, only boring it.

If you did stroke it I am interested to know how you did it as I have never seen taller cylinders or con rods for them!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ah, I should explain. I got the bike from my uncle about a year ago. I know as much about mechanics as I do astrophysics. He always referred to it as bored and stroked. But I see your point.

Bored AND stroked???

The stroke on the 883 and 1200 is the same.

I'm not trying to call you out, but I have never heard of someone stroking the 883 to make a 1200, only boring it.

If you did stroke it I am interested to know how you did it as I have never seen taller cylinders or con rods for them!

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Ah, I should explain. I got the bike from my uncle about a year ago. I know as much about mechanics as I do astrophysics. He always referred to it as bored and stroked. But I see your point.
OK I figured. If it was stroked I was mainly just interested in why and how.

Don't worry, stick around here and you will know plenty about mechanics...and dryer vents...and tattoo girls...and JP pitting diezel in the wrong hole...

Hugh?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Earth-bound Misfit
607 Posts

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
OK I figured. If it was stroked I was mainly just interested in why and how.

Don't worry, stick around here and you will know plenty about mechanics...and dryer vents...and tattoo girls...and JP pitting diezel in the wrong hole...

Hugh?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
You are also working on a name change.

I like Captain Richard Cranium.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Not mine... posting in case others can take ideas from it... Attended a local car show this past Sunday and the local HD dealer was present with several bikes for display...

·
Registered
57 Posts
2010 48 picked up the other day, still working on my '14. Decided on another direction for my tank so this is the '14 tank, stole the '10 and will do something else. Friend painted it and it is done other than buffing. Neither bike is finished yet, more plans lol

1841 - 1860 of 2522 Posts