Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any info on these jugs I cant find anything. I know the history of Jim McClure and john shumaker, and shumaker was his machinist and they came up with lots of nitro drag parts.

What I trying to find out about is the cylinders I have they are a 3 5/8 setup trying to find info like what heads are compatible and are they oring or band type and so on. Also they are 84-99 jugs.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
You may wanna call Kirby at Vee Twin Racing. If anyone knows the info you’re looking for I would bet it’s him

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
84-99 would be an Evo Head, unless of course it has a 5 hole bolt pattern for Shovelhead use.
A photo of the top of the cylinder would show if O ring, or copper wire, or gasket, or even a crush fit that was/is used.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called Kirby at Vee Twin racing he was awesome answered every question I needed and very knowledgeable about these jugs. Come to find out there are 3 and 5/8 jug bored to 3.812. This is the way they were designed by John Schumacher for racing purposes. He said pretty much any head will work but I will have to have a fire ring shaved off the top of the jug and The Jug brought level to get rid of the o'ring and just use a regular gasket. Learned a lot from him awesome dude with lots of info. He was friends with John Schumacher so that's how he knows so much about these jugs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts