Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really over this every friggin' day of afternoon thunderstorms. Haven't had a whole day without rain for almost two weeks now.

Moved to TN from Sarasota and it's worse. (once had to ride from Ft. Lauderdale across the state and up to Sarasota on a 59 XLH Sportster with NO front fender and NO shield of any kind. Leaked water for a week)....I HATE RAIN....:banghead

·
Registered
48 Posts
Man we can use some of that rain here in New Mexico! Haven't had any measurable moisture in about 8 months. Mabey 3 inches or snow all winter but that's it. Fires everywhere down here! We need some of that rain so tell it to come over here!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,315 Posts
Hey, the sun just came out here after 2 weeks of mostly rain. But I gotta go to a family thing. It's suppose to rain all day today and tomorrow, but right now I have sunny skies. May be I should quit typing and . . . . . .

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
Ah rain... I hate rain, from messing with your vision to makin your boots squish. I was thinking about a rain rant today, twas a long 200 miles.. in rain. As I was riding along with it leaking down my back, I was still thankful my pants were dry, till my old friend rain found a new spot to run down.. as I dried my head from a towel in the saddlebag, and walked squish squish into the McDonalds for a cup of coffee and a bite to eat.. dear rain your a real pain..

I feel better now.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It's not rain. It's liquid sunshine.
Into every life a little rain must fall.
Some things are better wet than dry.

Hope you guys have your coffee still in your cup or at least didn't spit it all over the screen and keyboard. Supposed to rain here a bit today. Hopefully done before I head out. We all hate it. But it does force us to appreciate the good days a hell of a lot more. Still, I am getting a bit tired of it myself. Long days at work and raining every weekend is more than a bit old now.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not rain. It's liquid sunshine.
Into every life a little rain must fall.
Some things are better wet than dry.

Hope you guys have your coffee still in your cup or at least didn't spit it all over the screen and keyboard. Supposed to rain here a bit today. Hopefully done before I head out. We all hate it. But it does force us to appreciate the good days a hell of a lot more. Still, I am getting a bit tired of it myself. Long days at work and raining every weekend is more than a bit old now.
There are DEFINITELY at least ONE THING that is MUCH BETTER wet than dry.....:know but riding in it AIN'T one of them :(.......lmao.....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, yeah, on second thought, riding in 'it', wet, well, uhh, you guys know what I mean....lol

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts
I love the way it smells just before it rains...unless I'm riding into it.

Oh well, ya gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
I love the way it smells just before it rains...unless I'm riding into it.

Oh well, ya gotta take the good with the bad I guess.
A positive spin on rain.... well it does have some good points.

1. No bugs
2. You can laugh at the cages that give ya the sucks to be you look, they don't know it sucks to be them.
3. Its a conversation starter at stops. I really like when your all decked out dripping wet and the order taker asks "for here or to go"

Yeah its reachin....

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I turned 14 I got my first bike, a little Honda 50 'Super Sport'. Delivered on Saturday morning (it was raining), and rained all day Sunday. (in FL). We had a 'double' carport and I put 21 miles on it riding it under the carport in a circle over that weekend.. DROVE MY MOTHER NUTS.....LOL...:nod

·
Registered
712 Posts
When I turned 14 I got my first bike, a little Honda 50 'Super Sport'. Delivered on Saturday morning (it was raining), and rained all day Sunday. (in FL). We had a 'double' carport and I put 21 miles on it riding it under the carport in a circle over that weekend.. DROVE MY MOTHER NUTS.....LOL...:nod
That sir, is every kids job. But good for you. Still had fun in the rain. Made the best of it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
I love the rain and get depressed when the sun comes out. Lucky I have a bike to ride my depression away until the rain comes back or else I’d need prozac.
>
Out here, we don't really notice the rain. But we do notice the sun, when it comes out. All last week they called for rain and all last week it only sprinkled. I rode and only got caught in a couple little sprinkles or it rain while I was at work. Hell, if it didn't rain, my bike would look pretty dusty.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
423 Posts
Small world, my wife and I moved up here(Ellijay,GA) from Sarasota in 2006.This year there has been too much rain. I blame it on the Atlanta weather people,"we sure could use more rain,lake Lanier is to low". Enough is enough,although this past week end was great.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts