Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about putting a side car on my 07 ultra but I have never ridden a bike with a side car. Anybody have one, or ridden one. To do it right will cost over 10 grand. Any pros & cons will be helpful. RamRod

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Pro's Very cool and unique cons not really nimble, agile or free as with a standard bike. I say go for it.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I've never done it, but did speak with a gentleman who has been riding one for years. He says that it takes some getting used to because they are not as stable as one might think.
Anyone know first hand?

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,498 Posts
I think it's a really terrible idea and I'd bet you won't like it.
It'll turn a good motorcycle into a poor car.
No lean in corners, no counter-steering, to turn right you turn the handlebars right.
Going around a sharp or high speed corners sitting straight up will make you feel like you are going to turn over.
Performance will go to hell with power to weight ratio.

Besides, how do you live with a sidecar on a bike w/o reverse? A bike, you can walk and wiggle backwards out of a tight spot, but with a sidecar, it'll be just like pushing a car out, more weight, no lean, a manual straight push back.

You'll be trading a good bike and $10,000 for something that isn't a motorcycle anymore,
but certainly isn't a good car either.

Here's yer ultimate sidecar.

Attachments

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Yeah, I think you kinda want that reverse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts