Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok not sure where to post this as its not a trike and not just a road glide os here are a few pictures of my side car hack

I don't have trike but the wife got the side car rig so my grand kid could go riding and camping with us I still have my wide glide but but cant take dog and kid on the wide glide and wife's trike is just a one up sporty custom made

·
Fast Lane Crew
438 Posts
I don't have trike but the wife got the side car rig so my grand kid could go riding and camping with us I still have my wide glide but but cant take dog and kid on the wide glide and wife's trike is just a one up sporty custom made
Nice looking hack, 007.

I've been shopping around for one myself, for the exact reasons as you. Have fun doing it!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very cool! I have a 1977 FLH Police Special with factory sidecar that's a project but is in great shape. Its currently for sale but I'd sure love to ride it for a bit before someone steals Her away from me.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Been thinking of doing this recently so that the wife and our 113 lb chocolate lab can all ride together.

Seems Harley no longer makes/sells sidecars. Where did you get yours?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been thinking of doing this recently so that the wife and our 113 lb chocolate lab can all ride together.

Seems Harley no longer makes/sells sidecars. Where did you get yours?
I got mine though dream machines in Dallas Texas picked it up rode it 400 miles in the rain to where I was working was a good learning ride to teach me how to handle a hack have seen a few around there is a side car forum that has them for sale once in a while and other makers have them Harley stopped making side cars in 2010 I think

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
https://vimeo.com/user37460203/videos

The star is a friend of mine working on it at his shop last month when I was laid up with some broken ribs.

Here are some videos that show part of the restoration we are doing on a "find" for my '07 Ultra.

We've added some steel for additional ballast and beefed up the frame. Currently the tub and body are out for paint to match my bike.

Vivid black, of course. Black is the fastest color.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
The Cloudmobile

Here are some before and after pictures to demonstrate the project.

It is a 1985 Velorex added to a 2007 Ultra. They said it couldn't be done because it was too light for the bike. We did beef up the frame and add a steel plate under the car on top of the frame for added ballast.

So far I have ridden it about 1,000 miles and am finally learning how to ride it. 50+ years of muscle memory and learned responses is tough to over come.

On the road July 5th and 1,000 miles July 15th. A lot of parking lot practice and practical riding on the road.

If you are interested, there are more pictures here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/100366853775758034936/CloudMobile

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts