Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Smittybald
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw on the Harley site a single-sided swingarm bag. I have a 2015 XL883 Iron. In addition to the bag, what parts are needed? Have you seen any other single-sided swingarm bags for a 2015 XL883 Iron? Or any suggestions for bags?

·
Registered
373 Posts
On the Harley website if you click on more info it gives you install instructions i believe it said this kit is made to go on and contains brackets. j&p cycles also has several and la rosa makes some too.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI, I had a "La Rosa" swing arm bag, but was not happy with the way it "hanged" there.... I recently replaced it with the "Harley" Solo Swing arm bag and am very pleased with it, it has a bracket that attaches to the frame and bag attaches to it, mount is also strengthened with a clamp and another bracket from under the battery compartment. I am NOT a fan of "Harley" prices but I do the the bag a lot better...

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
If you are looking for just one side... best option is the one that Harley makes (size wise and how it mounts).

I have LaRosa Design in mine. Love them. But I had to make some inserts so that they would maintain their shape overtime...

Looking at the website, they now have options that incorporate a bracket similar to what Harley did... and their Bolt-on bags now have wall reinforcements to maintain their shape... cool.

http://larosadesign.us/bolt-on-saddle-bags/

Here are a few photos of mine (seat is from Harley):

And the inserts I made out of plastic so they held their shape...

On the bike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts