Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2014 Ultra Limited that's supposed to have Sirius capability however I can't get to the portion of the radio to get to the radio ID. According to Sirius, the "Satelite Mode" is not turned on. Does anyone know how to do this?

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Sirius capability doesn't mean you have the Sirius module. It is an additional hardware purchase. Once purchased and installed you will be able to get to the Sat mode.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
No kidding, rangemaster. Honda autos are or at least were just as bad. I had it added at the dealership on a Honda Ridgeline truck I used to own only because we had pretty much agreed on price and as a final closer I said OK to their number but they had to add the XM module.

Probably should have tried the same thing on my new FLHXS.

For the record there is an iPhone app that will get Sirius.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought the module and installed it myself on a 2014 Streetglide, about an hour at the most.. Make sure you have the latest radio software updates or it will freeze in the download process...

·
CRSO
345 Posts
On the subject of radio firmware..I was advised by HD that the firmware for the 6.5GT posted on the MoCo website is NOT the most recent being put into production bikes. Don't try to flash the firmware with an older (lower revision number) firmware than you already have...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
On the subject of radio firmware..I was advised by HD that the firmware for the 6.5GT posted on the MoCo website is NOT the most recent being put into production bikes. Don't try to flash the firmware with an older (lower revision number) firmware than you already have...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
You are correct. What they have on the website is not the version that is on bikes shipped some time after mid-June.

I called the MOCO customer service and they had no idea why they didn't have the most current firmware available on the website. And didn't know what it changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts