Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of wearing a backpack every time I need to pick something up. Saddlebags don't interest me as I do not do any long distance riding, and don't need to carry a lot. Like a sissy bar bag, just can't decide which one. My Harley dealer has the Overnite Bag on sale at 15% off...still over $135.00 total. I only have the small 4 bar luggage rack with short sissy bar and backrest. Overnite bag seems too big. Like some of the Saddleman bags...FTB 1500...a little narrower, but taller.
Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Is there a Forum Section for Accessories?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I have the HD backpack. It sits on my back fender and holds quite a lot of stuff. It slides over the backrest and then has two clips. Goes on ons off in seconds. Has rain cover if needed. Well made. I'll get the luggage rack eventually. Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Vehicle Tire
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Transport Motorcycle accessories

Can hold my son's helmet, then his books when I pick him up from school.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have that same bag it holds a lot and it's a decent bag...but there's not really anything that makes it a $100+ bag I have seen a lot better sissy bag options on j&p cycles and at cyclegear. Mine is also starting to fall apart I have had it for about 1 year and only used it maybe 50 times.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
2009 Softail Custom
294 Posts
I have a very similar bag as PHDharly50 and Brodie except mine it the older version, I have had it over 3 years. It carries a lot, but at 3 years old it needs to be replaced. The nice thing it that is is easy to take off and put back on and it has a rain cover. I think I paid around $135 for mine too. I have a 2009 FXSTC Softail Custom and the short sissy bar wont take a largeer bag and this bag was recommended for my bike. It does work, but the workmanship is not great. Just my .02 cents

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
My prior bike had no saddle bags so I bought this Iron Rider luggage bag and it holds a ton of stuff. I know it looks awkward in the picture but it really doesn't look that bad in person. Besides, my last bike had a much wider seat then my new bike making it look less awkward. I only use it now if I have something of somethings that are too big for my saddle bags. Besides it holding a lot of stuff I like the fact I can secure it to my sissy bar in seconds and remove it just as quick. I also feel safe knowing it's on my seat right behind me. I say If you have a passenger seat why not utilize that to hold a bag? It can even serve as a backrest. I think I paid under $100 at my local Yamaha dealer a couple of years ago. Just a thought...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.