Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Life Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning an extended trip and will need some extra storage space. I have an '08 FLSTC which already has some nice saddle bags but I will need more space. I am considering Saddlemen's S3500S Deluxe Sissy Bar Bag. Anyone have these and care to give their opinion? Or does anyone have any other recommendations?

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
What ever you get make sure they are waterproof.I have a similar set up to that and you can pack it full.and strap a tent to it or under it.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
So far my T-Bag has served me well. I would recommend them.

When I'm solo I flip the bag around so it sits on the passenger pillion.

T-Bags

·
Registered
40,731 Posts
I dunno, but I think they should fire the marketing guru that came up with the name T-Bag.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had a set of bags from Road Gear that I used on my '03 FLSTCI which I really liked. (Sold the bags on e-bay right after I sold the bike...sorry!) They were very similar to the T-Bags shown above, only not quite as expensive. They came with a waterproof liner, so you didn't have to worry about your stuff getting wet. I used them several times to pack enough gear for two people for a week with no problem! And the roll bag is set so that you can use it without the bottom bag - it has a sleeve on it that you slide over your sissy bar's backrest, clip on a couple of retaining straps, and you're good to go!

Between the saddlebags and a sissy bar luggage set, you'll have more than enough cargo space!

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
I also have the T-Bag and have been pretty happy with it.

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
I've got the Sac bags from HD the smaller one comes with a waterproof liner. I've used them in some bad rain never got my stuff inside wet ,but I always start out with a big black plastic bin liner then pack my clothes in other plastic bags inside.

·
Life Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got a chance to try them on. I think they look really good and match the stock bags great.

Attachments

·
Trade School Alumnus
502 Posts
Finally got a chance to try them on. I think they look really good and match the stock bags great.

Nice looking Good's

Hope you got out today.

I logged 75 miles, bike looked like it was covered with cement.

Al

·
born to be mild
769 Posts
Eleft36, What's the little bag you've got inside your screen? I like the look of it and could do with something similar. Thanks.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Nice, All your leather matches up great, looks like it was bought as a set.
PS Try to keep your heaviest stuff toward the bottoms. And avoid dumpsters
on your next pic.:1drink

·
Registered
528 Posts
nice looking FLSTC there for sure. I reckon that they do match up really well, but my only concern is the wind-age affect something like that would have in a cross wind? Tail wind would be OK, as with a head wind with the screen on there. But I still reckon i would take the chance on them for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts