Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Pretty interesting and as you said EXPENSIVE at $1300ish.

I think you need one of the prototypes, they only want 25g's for those.

·
las drogas son malas
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you need one of the prototypes, they only want 25g's for those.

Yeah, saw that. Probably a hunk of styrofoam with a bunch of wires hanging off of it :laugh

·
Sarcastic Member
35 Posts
I think I'll wait till the release and the price goes down just like the 50" tv that was 4000.00 and now sells for under a grand. but the concept is cool.

·
AZ Daily Rider
60 Posts
Pretty interesting, a ton of $$$$$ though. I wonder about the weight and how comfortable it is though.

·
las drogas son malas
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty thorough review from Revzilla here.

Skully says they've not only done pretty extensive testing, but also that they've worked closely with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to meet or exceed their guidelines for in-vehicle infotainment systems. They've also gotten a lot of feedback from military fighter pilots to create an experience that provides the best ratio of open vision to screen, as well as giving you the optimal amount of information. The screen is designed so that your eyes don't need to re-focus when looking from the road to the screen, or vice versa.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wonder how hard the HUD rear display is hard to get used to. Will it mess with vision? Tough one like the idea of it but wonder about how hard it would be to get used to.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I think I like this one better--

images.jpg

--

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can put the best helmet made on an idiots head and he's still gonna get hurt. Can't fix stupid ! I'd like to think that the majority of riders depend on there wits and skill to stay out of trouble. I wear an Aria but it's common sense and ability that I count on .

·
On the loose
8,718 Posts
I know there would be no more leaving your helmet on the seat when you stop some where :laugh

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,116 Posts
Can you imagine leaving that on the seat, firing the bike up and having it hit the ground.. thats an expensive oops.

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts
Can you imagine leaving that on the seat, firing the bike up and having it hit the ground.. thats an expensive oops.

I hate! When that happens.

My $50 Dennis Kirk helmet has a heads up display an a gps. It's called mirrors and handlebar mounted gps! They don't even limit my visibility.

How is it powered? 12v plug or a battery?

·
Outlaw
563 Posts
My $50 Dennis Kirk helmet has a heads up display an a gps. It's called mirrors and handlebar mounted gps! They don't even limit my visibility.
My skull cap has that same equipment too!!

Truthfully, I can see advantages to that helmet, especially in traffic, but that's in addition to mirrors, common sense and experience. Of course unless it's equipped with A/C it won't be on my head.

But as I was watching that video, right after it told him to turn in 20 miles, as he is riding a crotch rocket along that road with a cliff, I had to wonder what it would say if he slid off the side of the cliff. Maybe something like "Your an IDIOT!" or "You've ****ed up". :rofl:

Yes, I'm a sick bastard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts