Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neighbor came over to borrow/use my tire plug kit as he had a flat on his riding mower. I wasn't home so he used a can of fix a flat. Did the job.

So, I'm wondering about maybe carrying a can in a saddlebag (how did I ever make it without sadlebags?). I carry a Stop & Go plug kit w/CO 2 ctgs., also picked up a small Slime compressor that plugs into my bike cig lighter. The compressor (Slime brand I think) does a great job, easy to use, now use it to air up bike and cage tires instead of getting out my air compressor and fooling with that.

Think I'm gonna pick up a can of something and was wondering about the Slime brand vs. Fix a Flat. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Try ride on,put it in the tires now and forget about it also no more balancing needed. I have it in both of my bikes and like the stuff. Also on dismount of your tires it isnt messy like slime or fix a flat.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Ride on stays in the center of the tire , it's good stuff .

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
i fill all my lawn type tires with slimy goop crap and my hand truck also has then filled with that crap. but my scoot noooooooo. i want to know if there is a leak and if you put that crap in there you will never know. but maybe as a way to get home ....wellll -maybe.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
i want to know if there is a leak and if you put that crap in there you will never know. but maybe as a way to get home ....wellll -maybe.
It's only a leak if it looses pressure :) , Ride-On isn't nasty messy crap like Slime or Fix-a-Flat .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts