Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Road King and want to upgrade my mufflers to something a bit louder, but not too loud. I also want to do this without having to take to the Harley dealer to change computer chip, etc. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi SFARSON
Sorry to hijack the thread, but where did you get those chrome saddlebag inserts ?- they look great.

Rowle - UK

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
rowle... The bags came with the bike. I'm sure they are in the P&A catalog -- well at least in '07. Would look them up for you but don't have the P&A catalog handy. HTH,

Steve

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ok between the Supertrapp Se and the HD 64985-07A which one sounds better? Are the Supertrap Se mufflers a 4" dia muffler like the 64985-07A?

I can not decide on which one but which ever one I do get will have the fishtales.

TIA,
John

There are several that will fit the bill.
The supertrapp's and the HD SE 64895-07a's both will do what you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently updated my 2008 EG Classic with Rush 1.75 mufflers. Sound great, and didn't require any other modifications (i.e. air cleaner, SERT, etc).

·
Registered
87 Posts
I went with the Se 64895-07a mainly do to the price and availability. I got them at a HD shop in Trussville, Alabama with a 20% off. I think I paid $217 plus tax. I had to order the Supertrapps and they were a little more.
I will say that they are as loud as I want and sound good to my ears. I do have the true duals that does add some sound. When loaded and under a hard pull they are almost too loud. With a stock exhaust-y pipe-they will be a little milder.
I suggest going to a bike night or cruise in and see if someone is running these. That way you can hear them and make up your mind it doesn't matter what we think how either sound, it only matters what you like.
Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was wondering about the 64985-07a, supertrapp se, or fatcat Q. Which is the quietist. I just rode 4500 miles and the B & E 1:75's on my 07 ultra. They make my ears bleed. I want quiet with the best performance. Any suggestions? I do have V & H TD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went with the Reinhart slip-ons and I'm loving 'em. Louder than the stock mufflers (duh) but not to the point that they're annoying. They really bark when you get on the gas, but don't make your ears bleed when just cruising down the interstate at a steady speed.

A little more money than the others ($450 on eBay), but I really like them. You may just be paying for the name, but it was worth it for me in this case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts