Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do slip on mufflers on the 09 ultra classic will I need to do anything else to the emission system or is it just mount & ride install.nothing to lot but a little more throaty sound .

·
Registered
689 Posts
That's it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3" or 4" that is the ? I guess stock muffle is 4" except where it tapers at the end .I see Boar brand slip on has low prices anyone using these.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,096 Posts
Should be 1.75 at the point where they slip on assuming the head pipes are stock. Recommend new clamps or drill old ones.

3-4 1/2 at the back end is a preference thing. Most manufacturers have different style end cAps as well.

Not used or familiar with boar brand.

Buddy of mine just put on some low price ones that sound pretty decent after a few hundred miles. I’ll see if I can find what they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,096 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These look good and price is even better. Thanks for info I will look more on them 👍

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
? What bike your buddy have,did he needed to do a fuel tuner I see it has a 2 1/2 high flow baffle ,did his backpressure suffer.my bike is all stock😔 thanks for your time again.

·
American
26,340 Posts
Never heard of Boar. RC Componets make really nice mufflers for the price.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
? What bike your buddy have,did he loose any back pressure sinse these has a 2.5 highflow baffle,did he do a fuel tuner after installing these,my bike is bone stock😔.thanks again for your time.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,096 Posts
he has a SG, no sure of exact year. It is a TC and I know he has some tweaks. The slip ons only will not require a tuner. Start messing with AC/intake then we need to think about a re-tune/ re-map

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may think about doing it later on then😞but reading different posts the bike will suffer low end torque,backpressure do to the 2.5 baffle.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,096 Posts
I may think about doing it later on thenbut reading different posts the bike will suffer low end torque,backpressure do to the 2.5 baffle.
You can add slip ins no issue... you will not loose torque, if you do, it will be not noticeable

·
Registered
7 Posts
These are the ones

Hey Killer of Souls,

How loud are these pipes on your buddy's SG? I have a 2016 RGU and I want better (and slightly louder) sound than stock pipes, but I also don't want obnoxious loud or so loud that it makes it difficult to hear the stereo.

Thanks!

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,096 Posts
Not terrible. I think they sound good for the price. Kinda remind me a bit of my old Rienhart’s
I’m usually just off his right side when we ride.

The got a lot better after a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought a pair of 4" megaphone mufflers they sound really good real deep rumble BUT they drown out my system that I spent a lot of time &money installing for me. My stock pipes are ugly rusted but I can hear my system really good while cruising the streets.
I called someone that I didn't think about calling before until I installed these(duhhh)he had 2 sets of stock mufflers they look like they was on a bike for a day practally new the ones I got are slanted at the tip so after getting them what the Hell i can't see through the baffle my old muffler i can see through
I called him about the other set baffles are the same in them ok so my old mufflers and these new stock ones both say 80db after looking inside the old ones again I came to the conclusion that they put the hole in the baffles 1 1/4 old set and 1 3/8 the new set that i will need to drill out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts