Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. Need some help on what to put on my 2015 street glide special. not sure to go with the slip ons or full exhaust and what brand of pipes to go with.
:feedback:

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Good morning everyone. Need some help on what to put on my 2015 street glide special. not sure to go with the slip ons or full exhaust and what brand of pipes to go with.
:feedback:
I'm sure you will get a lot of different opinions but, seems to me, you will still want to remove the cats also if you do slip ons. So, maybe consider a whole new exhaust. I had dealer install Rinehart true duals with 4" Rinehart mufflers before I took delivery of my '13 RG and I am very pleased.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Thank you for your advice Louisville Joe.
What Air intake system did you go with?
SE high flow using the stock cover. Then added a Thundermax auto-tuner. Then added S&S 551 E-Z start cams and adjustable pushrods. And a Corbin seat. And Heritage style bars. And a Madstad windshield.

Hope you realize the purchase price of your bike was only the down payment. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
As Joe said I think it will depend on whether or not you care about the cats in the headers. If not then I guess it comes down to whether or not you are looking for more power or sound? Does cost factor in?

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
+1 for Louisville Joe recomendation. A whole exhaust will get rid of the cat converter and you will end up with more power, bike will run cooler and you will get the sound you like.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I went with slip on's and removed the cat. It has plenty of power for me and could not justify the price of headers for now. Maybe as I log some miles I will change my mind. There is a endless amount of stuff to spend money on for these scoots.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
If your wanting power, then get a 2-1 exhaust system, if you want sound you can either get a true duel, or gut the stock header and go slipons. It all depends on desired end result and budget..
I did the 4' rineharts and gutted factory headers. And im happy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very true Joe about the Harley purchase being a down payment as I am quickly finding out how expensive parts can be. Thank you everyone for your input.

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
Depending where your at in Calif. you will be happy camper getting rid of the cats. Major heat source come summer. Ride Safe

·
Former Lurker
2,923 Posts
I'm sure you will get a lot of different opinions but, seems to me, you will still want to remove the cats also if you do slip ons. So, maybe consider a whole new exhaust. I had dealer install Rinehart true duals with 4" Rinehart mufflers before I took delivery of my '13 RG and I am very pleased.
This is what I put on my 14. Very happy w\ the Rhineharts, a SERT and the HD Extreme breather...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rinehart's are good but before you buy listen to them all. I chose RC Components true duals and 4" slip on's on my 2011 sc and couldn't be happier. There is a vid out there on YouTube comparing different exhaust on the same bike on a dyno and the rcx had the best numbers. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Exhaust is so subjective, its almost as bad as oil. You've got to decide what your goals are, sound, perfomance, torque, hp, combination, etc..... I don't care for the look of a 2-into-1 exhaust on a touring bike as I think it looks better with a muffler under each bag. But that's personal preference. I accept that I will not get every single bit of hp and torque that is available by my choices. My goals were to reduce the heat and gain a little performance. So I gutted my stock head pipe, picked up some stock CVO Ultra slip ons, gutted them and re-baffled them with Fullsac baffles and new packing material. I also replaced my stock A/C with an HD Ventilator A/C and cover. Lastly, I am going to install a PC-V with map from Fuelmoto to optimize my A/F ratio.

Good luck in your search. I suggest deciding what your goals are for sound, perfomance, etc. and then listen to as many different set-ups you can that are designed to help you reach those goals.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have a 2013 Road Glide, this past summer I put on V/H true duals, V/H twin slash mufflers, V/H stage 1 air cleaner and their tuner. They set the map base on what I bought and it runs great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2013 Street Glide has a nice set up. Stock head pipe, cleared the CAT personally. K&N Hiflow AC, S&S 551 cams and 2-1/4' Rush slip ons. With a SERTuner. Pulls 99hp 106tq. Very fun bike for minimal $ if you go indy. It pays to have friends in greasy places. I have never put on a full exhaust. Cams and a tune will put some pep in it. The HD pipe isn't too bad. There's lots of choices.

·
Between Eternities
845 Posts
Rush exhaust makes affordable high quality full systems, and the complete fabrication is in the US (unlike some others with big fancy names.) Check them out; I have a full system (true dual headers and slip ons) and I am pleased.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts