Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2019 Street Glide Special. I’m just looking for suggestions on slipon mufflers for the 114. Not too loud but throaty. Thanks

·
American
26,520 Posts
RC Components.... reasonably price, great sound....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try the different web sites and many will have sound demos. I narrowed down to Vance and Hines and Rinehart and ended up with Rinehart 4”. Very pleased. My brother went through all of that and bought Bassani. He is happy with his choice. Get what you like. Slipped are a fairly simple install in your garage. One thing that you may want to check: Rinehart didn’t require retuning. The Bassanis are backfiring a bit, which the dealer wants to charge about $400 to retune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Vance and Hines Monster Rounds. 4 inches in diameter. They have a beautiful deep throaty sound. All my friends love the sound of my bike. Not real loud unless you ready jump on it. Has a nice bark. I also bought a kit on Ebay that converts my exhaust to real dual exhaust and does away with the cross over. Cost about $150.00. Better than spending $800 for new header pipes. Bike runs perfect! If you are interested in doing away with cross over on your exhaust. Enter Harley true duals on your search on Ebay. This guy has a machine shop and he makes the conversion kits and they are guaranteed. I bought two kits and he discounted each kit to $123 each. I did my bike and my son in laws. Takes about three hours and it is worth the time and money. Did mine two years ago. No problems what so ever.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,750 Posts
Try the Python website and the Rush website. They both make good products.

See what you get when you ask a simple question around here?

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I have the Vance and Hines Monster Rounds. 4 inches in diameter. They have a beautiful deep throaty sound. All my friends love the sound of my bike. Not real loud unless you ready jump on it. Has a nice bark. I also bought a kit on Ebay that converts my exhaust to real dual exhaust and does away with the cross over. Cost about $150.00. Better than spending $800 for new header pipes. Bike runs perfect! If you are interested in doing away with cross over on your exhaust. Enter Harley true duals on your search on Ebay. This guy has a machine shop and he makes the conversion kits and they are guaranteed. I bought two kits and he discounted each kit to $123 each. I did my bike and my son in laws. Takes about three hours and it is worth the time and money. Did mine two years ago. No problems what so ever.
Why would you eliminate a cross over pipe?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been hoping for a reply to this post. I have the same question.
The reason people are eliminating the crossover pipe is to increase the back pressure. Most aftermarket slip on's (especially for the M8 motors) have very little back pressure compared to the stock mufflers and cause a loss of torque on the bottom end in the 2000-2800 rpm range. Adding a Big City Thunder baffle or similar will help add that back pressure and torque back to your bike. 4.5" mufflers notoriously kill your bottom end... but look way better on touring bikes with stretched bags plus sound amazing.

·
Wayward Son
23,254 Posts
The reason people are eliminating the crossover pipe is to increase the back pressure. Most aftermarket slip on's (especially for the M8 motors) have very little back pressure compared to the stock mufflers and cause a loss of torque on the bottom end in the 2000-2800 rpm range. Adding a Big City Thunder baffle or similar will help add that back pressure and torque back to your bike. 4.5" mufflers notoriously kill your bottom end... but look way better on touring bikes with stretched bags plus sound amazing.

Do not know where you get your info/opinions from.
But for the most part :nah :loco:

Reactions: slingshot383

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
The rule of thumb for years has been that crossover pipes increase torque. Just sayin'

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
On my trike I have Vance & Hines delux slip on's I was after the Rineheart but sadly the HD Dealership over here couldn't get them , Vance & Hines slip on's do have a nice sound but not like the Bub open pipes I had on my Softail now those sweeet

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,325 Posts
I have Rush. I think they’re great. Did no re-tune. I also like Bassani

Reactions: jpassh2o

·
Padawan Learner
9 Posts
Slip Ons

I have a 2014 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. I put the Vance Hines OS 4.5 Titans on. They have this really really deep sound. Really deep. I look at a lot slip ons, and these just won out. I got the screaming eagle tuner. Just trying to figure out what this pipes would be equal to in the Harley Davidson line of Pipe. Going to do a smart tune so it really may not matter in that case.

·
Super Moderator
12,673 Posts
The rule of thumb for years has been that crossover pipes increase torque. Just sayin'
And the crossover pipe is where?

:rofl:

Just messing with you. There are so many opinions on this topic.

Attachments

·
Wayward Son
23,254 Posts
And the crossover pipe is where?

:rofl:

Just messing with you. There are so many opinions on this topic.
Two totally different throttle ranges being referenced.
You application is not exactly street driven.

Just say`in..... :dunno

1 - 20 of 21 Posts