Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slow leak in my rear tire. I was told you can't use fix-a-flat in a bike tire, is this true. if so do they patch them? Or do i need a new tire?

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was also told harley only charges 1 dollar to mount a tire if you buy it from them . Is this true?

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, one last question. can i go up a couple of sizes on tire size without changing wheels?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was just charged 82.50 for a rear only, tire change, and bought the tire from them... However they did knock 50.00 dollars off of the stock tire price...

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 150-80b16, it has 7600 miles on it, is this about half life or? What kind of mileage do you get with your tires?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put over 12,000 extra miles on a Metzeler tire with a plug. I pick up a # 8 screw X 1/2. The tire had only 3,750 miles on it , still look like new. My first intention was to replace the tire as soon as I got to Sturgis. I always loose about 3 to 5 lbs a day on average if I ride 10 to 12 hrs. It didn't lose any more then that after I had the plug so I just kept riding till It wore out . total mileage was 15,750 That is the advantage of having a Savior250psi onboard tire compressor you can monitor your tire every day. Has far as I am concern if a plug is installed properly and you keep the right tire pressure so your tire don't run hot you have no problem. The most important thing on your Bike is your tires check them ever day. Sspecially when your on a trip 1) You will spot a problem before it gets worst 2) Perhaps save your life. A low tire is a silent killer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts