Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a "returning rider" with some fifteen odd years off the saddle. When I got my new to me Ultra, I began watching motorcycle safety videos on YouTube. This whole "Slow, Look, Lean and Roll" concept was completely alien to me. I had taken a week long motorcycle safety course, way back in 1980, That was provided by the California Highway Patrol. That was truly an amazing class! I must say, the skills and strategy learned in that course, saved my bacon many times over! I had ridden continually from 1974 through 2000 or so. However skills not practiced are soon lost! So these days, trying to figure out this cornering strategy taught today, quite honestly has me confused. I had never-ever, run wide on a curve until, attempting this slow look lean and roll technique. That idea of fading across the double yellow with little control is truly an hair raising experience. IMO that technique should NOT be a beginners guide. Back in the day "IT" wasn't called "trail braking" either! More simply: Proper cornering... Granted back then we didn't have anti skid nor ingratiated, or linked brakes either... Thank you technology!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.