Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I was stupid, I know. I was pulling away from my house and coming up to a stop sign. I was worried that I forgot to close the garage and I was breaking and looking in my mirror at the same time not paying attention. I gradually come to a stop to realize that I am slanted. I tried for a quick second to recover but no dice so I gently let gravity take over and droped the bike. I basically helped it lay on the crash bars. Sadley, this was not the first time I have laid it down but hopefully the last. So anyway right when this happened a little bit of fuel started leaking out of the fuel cap. It was not pouring out by any means but it was coming out. I turned to the gas cap to make sure it was tight and it clicked a few times but still small leak. I got the bike up (I admit, needed help I have not mastered the leg technique yet). Took the cap off then put it back on. It has never done this, did I have the cap on wrong or do you need to replace these things because the seal can break down over time? 2009 FLHR with 23k in miles. Thanks

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it was coming out the air vent in the cap.
I had no idea it had an air vent. That actually could make sense since it has been in a hot texas garage for about a week.

Oh and incase somebody asks tank was a little over half way full according to the gas gauge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts