Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
H-D Technician
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm checking to see if anyone has any experience with the Snap-On low profile, multi-purpose, motorcycle jack (part no. EELR319ASJ). I'm a student at the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Phoenix, and Snap-On offers us discounts from 42%-48% on their tools. That would put the jack anywhere between $235.26-$262.40. I know Snap-On makes some awesome tools, so I'm wondering if this jack's worth the price. Also, I can't find a picture of it anywhere. This is not the giant, full-sized lift.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,803 Posts
I don't know anything about it, even the normal price, but I found the ad.

http://www.snaponequipment.com/ProductInfo/models.asp?category=lr&brand=Snap-on&model=EELR319A

Snap-On is ALWAYS very pricey.

Can't see how it can beat the Direct Lift Pro Cycle. for $595
Looking at the pix I think this one is made lot more stout than the Snap-On.
Bet the shipping weight is more than double.
I ordered mine specifically w/o the drop tail, for some reason.

http://www.derekweaver.com/update/Pro-Cycle_Motorcycle_Lifts_Product.aspx?id=1

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok, I don't have any experience with the Snap-On. It's probably a quality lift and @ a good price with your discount but consider this:
For $100 more you can get an equivelant Horror Freight lift and at least it has a raised edge around the deck so your tools don't keep falling off (keeps oil & gas from dripping on floor too) and 4 wheels so you can roll it around.
Seems like my bikes clock more miles being rolled around the shed on the lift than they do road miles.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
I'm checking to see if anyone has any experience with the Snap-On low profile, multi-purpose, motorcycle jack (part no. EELR319ASJ). I'm a student at the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Phoenix, and Snap-On offers us discounts from 42%-48% on their tools. That would put the jack anywhere between $235.26-$262.40. I know Snap-On makes some awesome tools, so I'm wondering if this jack's worth the price. Also, I can't find a picture of it anywhere. This is not the giant, full-sized lift.
I am thinking that you ae talking about the smaller motorcycle/ATV type lift.

A friend of mine just bought one (Snap On) and he likes it. He put a Gold Wing up on it the other night and said it balanced very well even without the straps.

If you get the new, light-weight Sears lift, you can get under almost any bike. My older style Craftsman will not go under a Low Rider or Street Glide without some help from a wooden block arrangement I made.

If you are actually talking about a table lift, then I don't know. I use the Harbor Freight table. Of course, I don't make my living with it. I just use it once in awhile for me or my friends.

·
Super Moderator
12,529 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought the Complete Hydraulic lift a couple of months ago and am very happy. Made in China FWIW but well built. They have two models the TCML or the TCMLW. Good solid lift and I use my Porter Cable portable pancake compressor. My Buddies are now booking time to do work. It gives your bikes, quads, lawn mowers, etc., a whole new look when you are not crawling on the ground!

·
KING OF THE ROAD
780 Posts
if its Snap on its GTG. They are true quality tools for real Professionals who use there tools every day. Buy once cry once. I wanted to go to MMI. Was all set up but didnt go

·
Retired citizen
22,074 Posts
I've been using Handy lifts from the start and they're in constant use . Never had a failure . Half the cost of the Snap-On lift , twice the price of the Pro-Lift .
Most cycle shops I've been to use Handy lifts .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts