Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typing this from an airport in Ohio. According to the web, weather in CO looks showery and cool (Highs in the 40's) for Saturday but sunny and in the 60's Sunday. Think I'll connect with a friend for a lunch and afternoon ride. Any plans?

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
I'm heading out to the homestead (Iowa) for the week... no bike this trip cuz I need to have the Brown Sedan serviced (it's much cheaper to have stuff done out there). That, and the long-range forecast is calling for nothing but rain, rain, rain most of the latter part of next week and weekend.

Ahhh, spring :)

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Gonna try and hit Moab.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cherokee Harley Rally in Cherokee, NC. The weather forecast is for rain all weekend, but sometimes they get it wrong. It's all cleaned up and chomping at the bit!

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Cancelled the room in Jefferson. Didn't want to ride all the way back in the rain. We'll ride somewhere tomorrow. Gotta try out the new Corbin seat (with backrest...)

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Probably be cleaning up from tonight's storm. Nothing real serious here at the house although the golf ball (and slightly larger) hailstones were exciting there for awhile.

A quick check before it got dark showed no serious damage, but a lot of leaves were stripped from the trees. Folks north of us and south of us had it a little tougher with the funnel clouds and wind shears.

·
Ayubowan!
115 Posts
Turn around trip to Laughlin. 90 in So Cal. may be 100+ in desert.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It can take awhile with Corbins. My experience on several bikes is they are firm to begin with and don't become much less firm over time. But this was always OK for be, preferring a seat on the more firm side versus soft side.

BTW, the ride plans for the weekend turned out exactly as planned, 123 miles with a friend, and then the bonus of an evening scoot with my 17yr daughter for some Chinese food. Mmmmmmm.

·
BatRod
502 Posts
The AirHawk makes the need for break-in unnecessary. When positioned right, I can ride for hours. Colorado Springs in a few weeks for a weekend (5/17-5/21) meeting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1st Div ALR Motor Cycle Rally

Hey, all you Texas riders,

Come on up to Bonham, Texas this weekend. We're having the American Legion 1st Division American Legion Riders 20th annual Motor Cycle Rally at the American Legion Hall.

This one is a family affair, complete with bounce house for kids, ride, poker run, MC Olympic's, food, drink, dance, etc.....

Good clean family fun. Supposed to rain Friday but be clear and in the high 70's for Saturday and Sunday.

Ya'll Come, Now Ya Hear!

DrDick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts