Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with your helmet in between rides?
Do you put it on a hook? on your motorcycle somewhere? on a shelf? in the garage? in the house? on the mantle in the living room?

Mine stays on a hook in the garage.

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
On a shelf, in the bag it came with to avoid debris and dust from me working, grinding, sanding, or painting on other stuff in the garage.

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
I have a new carbon fiber beanie (DOT of course) When I park the bike the helmet goes on the seat or on my bench in the garage. If I'm on the road..In the tour pack it goes. I never set it down on the top of the helmet where it would get scratched.

How about you?

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a new carbon fiber beanie (DOT of course) When I park the bike the helmet goes on the seat or on my bench in the garage. If I'm on the road..In the tour pack it goes. I never set it down on the top of the helmet where it would get scratched.

How about you?
Me? My answer must have gotten lost in the original post.
Mine stays on a hook in the garage.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I've got a cheap helmet so on the road I leave it on the seat or hang it on the footpeg. When at home I bring it in the house and it sets on my desk. I used to leave it on the seat while at home but a mouse (or some punk kid) cut through the strap, and I lost two pairs of riding glasses.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
My two full-face helmets are in their bags, in their boxes, on the floor in my coat closet, underneath my leathers.

My half-shell is in its bag, in my tour pak. I would not leave them where they could be knocked down and damaged. Even my "spare" back-up helmet is safely tucked away in its bag in my garage.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
At home it's in the garage. On the road it sits on my seat when I'm not. Unless it's real windy then I hang it on my throttle grip.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,202 Posts
In the colder season I rotate 2XL and 3XL depending on whether I wear a balaclava or not,
so I have reason to have more than one in the ready position...

I annoy my wife by putting them three in a row on top of her china cabinet since it is right inside the garage door. Upright of course. She has had the audacity to move them to the floor in the coat closet a few times.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I annoy my wife by putting them three in a row on top of her china cabinet since it is right inside the garage door. Upright of course. She has had the audacity to move them to the floor in the coat closet a few times.
You know I love you guys, but if you were to put your helmet on top of my china cabinet :hitfan

·
Steve
262 Posts
When on the Ducati I wear a full face that stays in a helmet bag in a cupboard in my shop. When riding the RK or Vrod it a carbon fiber half helmet that stays on the hand grip.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,202 Posts
...if you were to put your helmet on top of my china cabinet ...
Like I tell her, ...wha'dya mean YOUR china cabinet? :cool:

I guess I'm not real well cast in the role of CURATOR,

I s'pose I'm more of a CONSUMER.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like I tell her, ...wha'dya mean YOUR china cabinet? :cool:

I guess I'm not real well cast in the role of CURATOR,

I s'pose I'm more of a CONSUMER.
I bought mine. :ride

As far as the consumer role is concerned versus the curator role, I'm sure you have other redeeming qualities.;)

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
LOL

I wish that was my situation but unfortunately the Great State of North Carolina has a helmet law. (Don't leave home without it)
I know. I was there in September. A friend and I did an almost 4,000 mile camping trip throughout the Southeast in September. The last time I saw my helmet was when I unpacked when I got home.

I know it is here somewhere.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Helmets are compulsory here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts