Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, it was riding with seven friends over five days to Utah and back. quite a pack, quite a ride. And we all got along :eek:. Great weather, saw Bryce N.P. for the first time, passed through Escalante Staircase National Monument, Capitol Reef National Park, Glen Canyon.

As someone wisely observed, we're collecting memories not miles. What deposit have you had in the memory bank acount this season? Could be a long ride, or one in the neighborhood...

·
Registered
185 Posts
For me it was a short ride by myself of about 20 miles to pay my respects to my dad. He's been gone 2 years now and I think about him every day...

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
"Sniffing out" lunch on the way home from Memphis... riding around Bull Valley under a full canopy of green, leafy branches one Saturday afternoon...

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
I remember this ride KBO. Where is Bull Valley?
Bull Valley is near Woodstock, IL... near IL 120, IL 47 and US 14. Pretty, pastoral ("gentleman farms" and such), some beautiful houses, speed trap if you're not careful... very soothing ride. Tiny lil' wrinkle in the rapidly-suburbanized flatland :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
For me it was a recent ride from the City(?) of Custer, through the prarie to a very desolate Wounded Knee. From there, north up to the Bad Lands Loop, which is just incredible. Then west on I90 to Rapid City, and back down through the Black Hills to Custer. Awesome ride (about 360 miles the way we went) and saw almost polar differences in the state of SD. A definate milestone in my riding carrear.
Greybeard

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I took a ride to Las Vegas to meet up with some of the West Coast characters from the splinter group of 1130cc.com. Enjoyed myself immensely and proved to myself that if you need a windshield and boxes to put a bunch of stuff you should buy a pickup truck.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Today. When I got rid of that Honda (Can I say honda here and not get in trouble?) and rode my first Harley home. Even though it was through three rain storms and no rain suit.

I would do it again in a heart beat.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
It turned crazy as I used my boots as a rain gauge. Or was it the part that I realized the seat does a rather great job of holding water. I don't know, it was one of those two. :)

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me it was a recent ride from the City(?) of Custer, through the prarie to a very desolate Wounded Knee. From there, north up to the Bad Lands Loop, which is just incredible. Then west on I90 to Rapid City, and back down through the Black Hills to Custer. Awesome ride (about 360 miles the way we went) and saw almost polar differences in the state of SD. A definate milestone in my riding carrear.
Greybeard

Excellent GREYBEARD... Sounds like you know SD well now! There's much of SD I have yet to see.

·
Git 'er done
400 Posts
Unfortunately I don't get a lot of opportunities for long rides (all rides are great). Most memorable was a one day trip from Louisiana to Georgia - tremendous case of "Monkey Butt"

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
So far this season would be my trip to Nova Scotia from Long Island. I crave road adventures and this trip was my most adventurous to date.

Ride report here if you want to see.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,499 Posts
Be hard for me not to say the 5 mph slip and fall 300 yards from home
that gave me a hunk of iron and 8 screws in my ankle for life,
isn't that a botch for most memorable?
( I know I misspelled bitch, but botch looked pretty OK too. )

1 - 20 of 28 Posts