Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So lets say that after you are leaving the local watering hole or diner or wherever, that you come out and find someone sitting on your bike.
Whats the best way to handle it?

I had this happen one night when I had a 1957 Vespa scooter. Some dude was sitting on it and talking on his phone. I found it super disrespectful and I ask him not to sit on my scoot. He looked like it pissed him off that I said anything but he got up and mumbled some words and walked on.

I mean I don't want to get into a brawl if I don't have to but...

Did you ever see that SOA episode where this happens?

Hoping I don't have to deal with this scenario but I feel like it could eventually happen.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm not sure I would have been as polite as you were....

I'm sure that I would've yelled something along the lines of him getting is ass off my bike...

Then again I might have simply walked back in wherever I was and called the cops.

You're right, it's very disrespectful.

Exco

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
"That's not your bike and you need to get to get off of it now."

--

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Not sure think what I would do never had that happen but yes very disrespectful and would have pissed me off big time might have got my ass kicked as am pretty old to be fist fighting and not sure I would take it to next level for sitting maybe calling cops would be correct never done that before

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
It is food for thought.........yeah saw the SOA episode........Tv is TV..not sure it would be worth it in real life to go to jail for assault [if it did not kill him]. I'm thinking like silverback.....tell him it's not his and to unload pronto. See where it goes from there.
Colt.45

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,476 Posts
Telling him to get his ass off of the bike was proper. If it has to escalate to fist city, let him make the move and hopefully you'll have a few witnesses with you to dissuade that sort of stupidity. The only ones that seem to make out in a fight are the hospital ERs and the city who collects the fines.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I would have just cold cocked the dude and got on my bike and rode away.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This has never happened to me, but I would use some really foul language to get the point across that he/she really screw'd up !!

·
Just Ride
3,261 Posts
Years ago I took my helmet off the mirror, cracked him hard in his head and left him for dead. That was before video and smart phones. Now days you go to jail,court,hopefully just probation. They would still know they f*cked up.

·
because........boobs
57 Posts
hard to tell how anyone would handle the situation until actually in it. The only thing you know going into any situation is you and your way of dealin with sh!t....not always easy to read the other person in the heat of the moment...when I was in the Army, I would have taken my chances making sure they understood that THEY understood that they were sitting on my Blood, Sweat, and Tears and then rode away....but that was back when I was only fending for myself, now with a family, my instincts are to protect and not to put them in a bad spot....

but I tell ya, there have been some times its a good thing the wife was around...like the time I tried to climb out of the drivers window without putting the car in park to politely readjust someones face...long story short, said person did something that was extremely dangerous and my at the time very young daughter was with me....the fact she could have been hurt put me over the edge..that and the middle finger after the fact....oh memories...haha

·
Registered
309 Posts
He's lucky you were a gentleman 1% boyz whould have put him on a slow drip:madYou should ask to sit on another persons scooter and even that takes balls!LOL!:blahblah:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome replies!

And yes all situations are dynamic, you never do know how it can go untill your into it.

I haven't had any one mess with my forty eight though. I think it gets a more repsect. :>

·
Registered
319 Posts
Don't know what I would do but for sure he would have a piece of my mind. That's just crazy and if he does that often, he will get what is coming to him by someone who has less reserve. I would like to think almost everyone on this forum would never think to even touch someone's scoot let alone sit on it ! Look at it, squat down and appreciate it but never touch it.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Well, I'm a lot more of a bad ass behind this keyboard than I am face to face, but someone sitting on my bike is just about like finding someone with a "slim jim" stuck down inside my car door.
Since I no longer drink when I drive, I would probably have enough sense to just tell him to get the hell off my bike.

·
RIP Michael
86 Posts
I have really been trying hard in the last 5 years to control my road rage. Been doing well, but there are a couple of dented cars and broken driver windows around that probably think twice before concluding they are "safe in their bubble" anymore. Never found anyone sitting on the bike yet, but I would probably just calmly ask him if he had a death wish and let his response dictate my reaction.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Many years ago after I stooped for a cold one I came out to find a goof ball sitting on my bike and trying to push it. The fork was locked so he could only go left and a wall stopped him. There were several other bikes parked there as well. I asked him if he had a problem. He said he did that he could not straighten the bars. I said here try this and held out his hand like a moron as I showed him the key. That is when I hit him in the head with my helmet. He went down and made the mistake of looking like he was going to get up so a boot in the ribs persuaded him to stay down. There was an empty dumpster there so that is where he was deposited. When I saw his fingers on the ledge of it that is when I slammed the lid closed. That was a lot of years ago so now I think I would just shoot the sob. No I would just do as others and tell them to get the hell off and see what happens from there.

·
Registered
526 Posts
What I would do depends on whether it was Sunday right after an inspiring church service or Wednesday after dealing with customer service complaints all day :).

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,674 Posts
I remember this topic a while back, some good stories.... Some people don't have a clue

1 - 20 of 47 Posts