Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does soft tail have same mounts as dyna or more like touring? Same vibration experience as a dyna that smooths out when speed/ engine speed increase?

·
Registered
42,546 Posts
Just the opposite with regards to vibration.

Softails are smoothest at idle, where Dynas are smoothest at higher RPMs.

Mounts are different due to the Softail B engine having counterbalancers.
Dyna and Touring use the same motor.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
`99 and earlier Softails have solid mounted engines.

·
Just Ride
3,843 Posts
All softails were solid mounted. :D

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Does soft tail have same mounts as dyna or more like touring? Same vibration experience as a dyna that smooths out when speed/ engine speed increase?
Specifically, Softail engine motor mount bolts are horizontal through the cases, Dyna & touring engine bolts are vertical through the cases.
If your question was wondering if one engine type would fit another type frame, no.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Had a 2003 Dyna and traded it in this year for a '10 Softail. I found the Softail has almost no vibration at idle and very little at speed compared to the Dyna I had. Best thing I like now is my Softail has no noticeable vibration in the grips compared to my old Dyna. After 80 miles I was pretty sore riding the Dyna (hands and butt). So far a couple hundred miles on the Softail and feels like I could just keep going. Again though, it's all personal preference. Gotta ride 'em and try 'em.

·
Registered
13,046 Posts
Only the 2 top head mounting bolts are vertical. They attached to engine top motor mount horizontally mounted to frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts