Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a "swap meet" today looking for a front end to get a jumpstart on my new project. My plan was to get an atlas softail frame and swap as many of the buell parts that I could. Instead while browsing my local craigs list I came across the frame pictured below for $400. 38* 3 out 1 1/2 up dna. My trusty tape and a rake and trail calculator has informed me no way the buell front end will work. ( I knew it just had to crunch the numbers). Oh well the stator went out and it will be a week untill all my parts get in. I almost started tearing apart the buell but figure I need to still make sure it's road worthy (have riden it 140 miles and already lost a stator) Better to have two in the hand than two tore apart while waiting to collect other parts. ANYWAY no front ends and just a sad swap meet. So I'm keeping my eye's open. Time to save a little and spend a little. Or drink wench repeat. Going for light low and fast. 200mm rear tire. Possibly round or hand made oil tank. Battery mounted below oil tank and behind trans. I really want to use the buell wheels and brakes but only time will tell.

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got my tank and seat. Mocked up a fender.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Flyrite makes a frame, (rigid) for a direct swap of your buell stuff right into it. The softail frame would work if you got rid of some of the rake that comes in that frame. I believe it has 32* from the factory, unless that one has more.

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
I have a Flyrite smoking gun and its badass weighs 50lbs the one you have look like a Santee big bone frame what is it 1 1/2" thick stock big frame less is better and hope you got a MSO with it or you will never register it either.

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I got a MSO with it. Yes there are a frame maker or 2. Redneck, allenbros, Atlas, Wicked willy, Carolina, Frantic, Bitter end and the list goes on. I uhhh... do some fabrication for work at various times and various reasons. Not really worried about a couple of mounts. Just because I wanted to use the Buell stuff doesn't mean a set of 2" over and 3* trees wide glide style front end with a 21" 60 spoke wheel wouldn't look good. Maybe a set of 4-6" risers and some drag bars? Still thinking bout that one. With 80lbs of torque and about the same hp(making it to the ground from what I understand) not really worried about it pulling the extra weight. I don't own a harley to race. Black frame, yellow with 3" wide racing stripe in the middle of the tank and fender with 1/4" stripe on either side. Believe it's gonna say buell on the tank. Plus I kinda like building things. It won't ever be for sale. Plus I may pick up another sporty engine and stick it in the buell just cause it's different to ride. I woulda won the bike show last weekend if I had entered it, since it was the only Buell there. LOL Anyway It'll be different and it will be mine..

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's got 38* of rake.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Sweet! Love the tank. I'm a fan of the long risers with drag bars. BAB just got some Dog Bone risers that I like alot. Keep the progress reports coming please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts