Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have apes 1 1/4" see my pic. .. I have just bought 39inch 1 1/2 Burly Beach Bars.

Any guys have a look at my bike im interested in your opinion. . What bars are going to look the best... ?

I am not worried about comfort or handling i just want whats going to look good and cant make up my mind.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I am not worried about comfort or handling i just want whats going to look good .....
This baffles me. What good is it, if it handles like crap, or is uncomfortable?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave its like this....

If i wanted one that handled good etc .... i wouldn't be riding a harley ... for Me I ride a harley cause they look good and go Ok.....each to his own everyone rides them for different reasons

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,048 Posts
IMO, the Deluxe is one of the few models that beach bars look proper on. I like my modest apes for comfort (and looks), but I think the beach bars look good on the Deluxe. I can't speak to the handling characteristics, but there are probably very good reasons that bars evolved away from that shape. Try them -- it doesn't seem to be too big a job on that model.

--

·
Wayward Son
23,031 Posts
Dave its like this....

If i wanted one that handled good etc .... i wouldn't be riding a harley ... for Me I ride a harley cause they look good and go Ok.....each to his own everyone rides them for different reasons

:| :nah

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I love beach bars on the classic look of the Deluxe. Great old school beach cruiser look. Had mini beach bars on my Fat Boy and loved how they looked and felt. And I disagree with the thought that you have to get something other than a Harley to get a bike that handles good. I love how my Ultra Limited handles and I've been on some good fun roads in Arkansas and Tennessee with it with absolutely no complaints about comfort or handling.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
And I disagree with the thought that you have to get something other than a Harley to get a bike that handles good. I love how my Ultra Limited handles and I've been on some good fun roads in Arkansas and Tennessee with it with absolutely no complaints about comfort or handling.
He's not interested in handling or comfort. He's interested in the "Hey, LQQK at me!!" factor.

If he wasn't, he wouldn't be asking US what we like, rather, doing what HE likes. He's about image. Not what works, functions, makes it faster or stops it faster.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
He's not interested in handling or comfort. He's interested in the "Hey, LQQK at me!!" factor.

If he wasn't, he wouldn't be asking US what we like, rather, doing what HE likes. He's about image. Not what works, functions, makes it faster or stops it faster.
My bad...I like to ride mine...and actually enjoy it too. And I forgot that I rode 555 in Ohio on the Limited too. Awesome road and the bike handled GREAT.

·
Retiring in 2017
266 Posts
I see ape hangers on half of the bikes on the road, so I vote beach bars....although they remind me of old time bikes. My BO has wide drag bars and I hate them/it. It hurts my "already bad" shoulders. If I had the money, I'd shorten them about 6" on each end...but I don't.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you are basing your decision solely on looks I think you have to go with the apes. To me they just look better. And the added benefit that, for me at least, they are comfortable. In the end, do what you want. You are the only one who has to live with it.

·
Wayward Son
23,031 Posts
Poser.

Attachments

·
Wayward Son
23,031 Posts

·
Wayward Son
23,031 Posts
@lowrider01
:crying awww....come on back Peaches. :kiss We are just getting warmed up. :devil

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
Wayward Son
23,031 Posts
:( Not even a reach around.

Attachments

·
Wayward Son
23,031 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
I currently have apes 1 1/4" see my pic. .. I have just bought 39inch 1 1/2 Burly Beach Bars.

Any guys have a look at my bike im interested in your opinion. . What bars are going to look the best... ?

I am not worried about comfort or handling i just want whats going to look good and cant make up my mind.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 165 Posts