Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 60 of 165 Posts

·
Killer of Souls
10,866 Posts
I don't think any apologies are needed when somebody expresses how they really feel about an issue. And certainly, no apology is valid if it is demanded. If you thought about it, and you meant what you said, then any apology would be hollow. I would just hope that when the comment is made about somebody's character, it would come after a little forethought and consideration of the effects of that type of comment -- unless it's made in jest, "ball-busting," as it were. Lord knows, I'm very familiar with that, and I've loved every minute of it over the years I've been here.

As fas as the difference between "poser" and "biker", that horse has been beat to death ad nauseum in multiple threads, and there are as many opinions about which is what as there are members here and beyond. To me, both terms can be considered labels, and as such, supposedly nobody here would care to have one them applied to them if the intent was derogatory, even though most would profess not to give a damn about it. I was just a bit surprised to see it go so far so quickly, and directed at a relative newcomer to this forum.

I've seen some moderators take more offense at less, and then choose to use their "power" with the result being the banishment of a member who happened to chance upon a section of thin skin.

--

Well I for one am not one ban over words... Until the line is crossed. Facts and history bare that out.

So stick your paddle in another pot.

Why did op feel the need to delete his post?

No wait don't answer, it's obvious label or not...

·
Hard Member
3,214 Posts
Well I for one am not one ban over words... Until the line is crossed. Facts and history bare that out.

So stick your paddle in another pot.

Why did op feel the need to delete his post?

No wait don't answer, it's obvious label or not...
He answered Link.

·
Killer of Souls
10,866 Posts
He answered Link.

Well... Point is if you wanna take a stand and feel you have a point to make why pull it down?

More proof that he feels the need to fit in and not be or do as pleases him.

For the record I could give a shiz what he does. As long as he keeps the shiny side up and makes it home in one piece, it's a jungle out there. Especially when your tryin to keep up with the Jones.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
All good buddy... but just a point the post wasn't taking a stance... I just asked a question about bars.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Indian Larry
8,948 Posts
Get back on and ride! The same guys posting here are true and tested. It might rub you wrong, but they are the walking tech manuals.

Except me.
I really kinda AM a poser. I get away with it because I have a SUPERIOR hat collection.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,049 Posts
As it should be. And I appreciate your actions in that regard when it becomes necessary.

--

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,049 Posts
All good buddy... but just a point the post wasn't taking a stance... I just asked a question about bars.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Speaking of bars, I think I'll have a drink.

--

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
And of course i care about performance. .
That's not what you said at all.

I am not worried about comfort or handling i just want whats going to look good .....
Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

You asked a public forum for their opinion. You got opinions. That's how it works.

I LIVE TO READ POSTS FROM GUYS WHO OWN BIKES, THAT ASK QUESTIONS LIKE, "I KNOW THIS SUCKS FOR HANDLING/BRAKING/PERFORMANCE, BUT DOES THIS LOOK COOL?"

Ask anyone here. It's like dumping blood in a shark tank.

I dig the bike. I love the look and the color. But I also don't do mods to my bike, based on what other's think look cool, or good. Be your own person.

"The one that follows the crowd, will usually go no farther than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places, nobody has ever been before."
~Albert Einstein~

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I do my mods based on what my dog likes.
Not for nuthin.....my Asian neighbor tells me all the time, dogs have the best taste.

So I'd listen to your dog. :wink

·
Wayward Son
23,049 Posts
Ok. Lets start this over.
:welcome
As is pretty much the normal response around here. Your bike. Do what you want to do.

Now for the serious stuff. As stated. It can be a very nasty, nasty place out there when riding.
We have many seasoned Riders on here, of all ages, that struggle with every decision they make when it comes to considering certain changes.

:think This sort of change will make it look better.
But this change will help it to handle and/or perform better. And you never know when you may need that Edge.
Unless of course your bike is a Trailer Queen or Curbside King. :( :nod

·
Killer of Souls
10,866 Posts
Yes, welcome aboard... May want to butch up a little. Poke around the rest of this place, thick skin is needed. Most of us all that are active on here have been on both sides of a good ribbin.

Speaking of safety, you may also want to look into the proper footwear. Sketchers or what ever those things are prolly ain't the best for riding.

And for personal safety... Ditch the fanny pack... Just sayin the 80's called and they would like it back!

·
Banned
1,658 Posts
The previous owner installed Carlini bars and she looks good with or without windshield. Unfortunately it changed angle on sitting position. So he put gel under seat. 1st long ride was charity poker run. My ash wanted to disassociate from my body. Hands went numb etc. Good thing I bought softail, I was like I should have kept my Suzy. I had Corbin on Wing and Mustang on Suzy. I like Mustang best can ride with a hemmoroid. Anyways back to Carlini bars, I love them, people don't seem to look at bars look at seat, it the overall look that counts. Pick the bars that Iook the best to you. Might have to get different length cables get Barnett won't regret it

tarheel

·
Banned
1,658 Posts
One other thing. Why go through Jpcycles when there is Denniskirk out there. Dennis doesn't have a membership deal for customers and are cheaper for same products. Go figure.

tarheel

·
Registered
104 Posts
To the OP: Nice looking bike which I think would look great with beach bars. That said, I have a touring bike and I'm all about comfort. Some of the best looking bikes out there have what looks like 9" leather dinner plate for a seat and I ain't even gonna ride one of those. It's all about compromise. I don't care what choices you or anybody else makes in this life there will be some of those involved.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
What kind of oil do you guys use?
None. That's how bad-ass my bike it. You know you want your bike to be that bad ass too.

Hahahaha. I'm the funniest person I know.

41 - 60 of 165 Posts