Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i know this topic has been done to death and some will even cr*p on the idea from a great height. But, im going to go ahead and sort anyway.

Most of the bits are all ready available, either from catalogues or second hand but theres one bit of info that escapes me. Looking at the hubs available, theres obviously two mains types that im assuming are from either a dyna or glide but they are very different in their configuration. ie

Apart from the obvious differences of how the discs are mounted, its the way the spoke flanges are at completely opposite angles in relation to the spindle. Im presuming that this is down to the size of intended wheel rims to be fitted. If im right, does anybody know what those sizes/widths are? or am i barking up the wrong tree?
Cheers for the help.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,598 Posts
I have never done what you are asking about, but there are a couple things to consider. You would need to know which hub, if at all, would put the brake rotor where it needs to be to properly engage the brake calipers. And you would need the proper forks for having dual calipers. That's the first thing that came to my mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep, all thought of and im fortunate to have my own lathe so turning down bushes is no problem. Ive been doing some research and it seems that the alloy hub is just the later version and was introduced around 1998/9 which obviously ties in with most of the spares listings as well. So steel it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts