Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to the forum and new to Harleys. I am rebuilding a 2007 softail deluxe. I am in need of many parts, but the biggest thing is the tank. It was crushed in an accident. I am going to a swap meet in a couple of weeks. How can I find out what parts are interchangeable with my bike? What years and models will work for me. How can I tell an injected tank from a carb tank? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Gene

·
FargginNewGuy62
35 Posts
Hi all, I am new to the forum and new to Harleys. I am rebuilding a 2007 softail deluxe. I am in need of many parts, but the biggest thing is the tank. It was crushed in an accident. I am going to a swap meet in a couple of weeks. How can I find out what parts are interchangeable with my bike? What years and models will work for me. How can I tell an injected tank from a carb tank? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Gene
Hi Gene; A while back I started looking for a windshield for my 03' 100yr Anniversary Softail Springer I tried searching on line to find any that would work, one day I just called an H-D dealer & talked to the people in the parts dept. told them what bike I had & what I was looking for & the guy told me all of the windshields that would work for my scoot, & answered any question I had. I hope this helps some. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, much appreciated. Sometimes the dealerships are not forthcoming with info. I'll give it a shot!!!

·
Registered
39,454 Posts
You will need a tank for Softails 2001-2007.

There are too many part numbers to list them all, as each different color that was painted for those years have their own part number.

The most recent part number for a primered version is 61625-01D

Fuel injected and carbureted tanks are the same, only difference is what is bolted in and on them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!! I really appreciate it. Off to the swap meet tomorrow to see what treasures I can find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts