Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Find out who made the seat first, then search. Otherwise you'll need to make some measurments, maybe make a cardboard template and try matching it up to seats in shops and order from that company or have a shop make a tab.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Post some photos.

I'm curious to know why it's missing.

Otherwise, I'd think that would be an easy fix to make one yourself (or have a shop do it as Dyna suggested).

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts
If it were me, I would make a template for it using the tab off my other seat. Then take a small piece of stainless steel and make a new tab. At that point, you'll have to remove the old rivets, pull the staples holding the seat cover at the back so you can get to the other side of the rivets. Putting the home built tab on should be as easy as pop riveting it in place (I would look at putting some kind of backing on the inside just to reenforce it) and stapling the cover back in place.

I won't be back to the Etowah house for a few weeks, or I would love to stop by and help, 'cuz I like to do that kind of stuff.

·
Retired citizen
22,060 Posts
Go to Ronnie's H-D website parts finder page, plug in the year and model of your bike to find the pic and part number.

·
Retired citizen
22,060 Posts
I just checked at Ronnie's and they don't list that tab as a separate part. You'll probably have to fab something up.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
. . . you'll have to remove the old rivets, pull the staples holding the seat cover at the back so you can get to the other side of the rivets. Putting the home built tab on should be as easy as pop riveting it in place . . .
I believe those holes have threaded bosses in them. I think Kainam pointed him in the most- straightforward direction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts