Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I got a sweet deal on a softail tank that is in near perfect condition; so I'm adding it to the bike. It flows really well and looks awesome. My issue that I am at now, deals with the speedometer. I want to keep my stock speedometer (I mean who would want to spend the money to replace a perfectly good unit?) but with the new tank, I won't be able to have it in the relocated spot on the left of the frame as it will be covered by the tank. I have the Custom model, so the speedometer is meant to be bolted to the riser clamp on the inside (over the tank), and can't be switched to the outside.

I want to add to the Dash/Bezel that is stock on a softail but that bezel holds a 5 inch speedo, mine is a 4 inch. Any ideas on how to make it fit and look good? I'm good with rednecking it because I can make it work, but just not sure of any GOOD ideas, have a lot of bad ones flowing right now lol. Thanks guys.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,132 Posts
What color is dash bezel...
You could have something machined from aluminum and powder coat / paint the whole dash

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm thinking about. I'm still shopping for the bezel, more than likely I'll go with chrome. With that, I am probably going to have a plate cut and paint or powder coat black to fit the speedo. I'm also going to fit a piece where the normal ignition lock goes because I don't want to change and have my ignition up there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts