Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, got a 1998 Dyna Low Rider, I recently changed the rear blinkers and rear brake light with J&P Cycles tombstone one piece light... I only had to wire 7 wires, 2 for each blinker & 3 for main break light... I made sure I wired them correctly and now when I use the blinkers, they stay solid, they don't blink... Any ideas??

·
Banned
71 Posts
Hey fellas, got a 1998 Dyna Low Rider, I recently changed the rear blinkers and rear brake light with J&P Cycles tombstone one piece light... I only had to wire 7 wires, 2 for each blinker & 3 for main break light... I made sure I wired them correctly and now when I use the blinkers, they stay solid, they don't blink... Any ideas??
J&P Cycles® Tombstone Taillight and Turn Signal Combo with LEDs | 306-635 | J&P Cycles
Did you perchance use the LED unit ? If so, it will not draw enough current to flash the turn signals without adding a set of resisters in the circuit .

J&P Cycles® Tombstone Taillight and Turn Signal Combo | 3400591 | J&P Cycles
If you used their other unit , make sure that the duel black and duel red wires are not reversed .

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
+1 on the above about resistors needed with leds. Also, led lights are polarity sensitive, they have a + and a - wire.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Didn't realize it was an LED unit. Needs resistors, on the flasher circuit. Usually they flash really fast instead of stay on.

·
Retired citizen
23,351 Posts
Maybe wired wrong. Brown wire is the right and violet is the left.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, they are the LED's... Didn't know about resistors, have to look into that... The wiring is correct, they were pretty much all the same color that had to be reconnected, except for 1, but tried 2 ways with that wire...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts