Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 Heritage Classic and I'm wondering if it is a simple matter to make it a solo ride by removing the passenger seat and luggage rack and put it all back when needed.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
That would depend on how the gear is mounted. The rear seat may be easy, if it isn't integrated to the main seat. Pics of the details would help.

Welcome. And take a few minutes to introduce yourself on the intro thread.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's how I roll. I'm usually solo with a cool leather dealio that goes over the back fender and screws in where the passenger seat would. Backrest and luggage rack are quick connect/disconnect. Sorry no pictures now. Bike is sleeping.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 1998 Heritage too, unless the backrest has been converted to a quick connect/disconnect it is a little more time consuming to get it on and off as, you have to remove the fender bolts on both sides.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I have a 1998 Heritage too, unless the backrest has been converted to a quick connect/disconnect it is a little more time consuming to get it on and off as, you have to remove the fender bolts on both sides.

Is there a kit that converts the stock passenger pillion to quick detach so you don't have to remove the driver seat? My son's 99 Fat Boy would benefit from that.

--

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's how I roll. I'm usually solo with a cool leather dealio that goes over the back fender and screws in where the passenger seat would. Backrest and luggage rack are quick connect/disconnect. Sorry no pictures now. Bike is sleeping.
Same here. I call the that dealio thingie "The Thong". Bike looks way better that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts