Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Ditto.

I do get a little vibe going at 85 mph, nothing that bothers me,
But Its back to Beemer from 90 on up:thumbsup
I agree. It is weird too. NO vibes at all in the seat or pegs only little bits in the bars thats it.

·
Poser
4,426 Posts
only little bits in the bars thats it.
Yeah,, Yeah,,, like at 3,900-4,00 RPM's In top gear only..

Then the next ride nothing,,

Then the next ride at 4,200-4,500 In top gear only,,,then Its gone..

WTFK,,,Who The **** Knows

XL,,try re torquing the top motor mounts bolts that go Into the head

I am Not 100% shure but I think, just maybe I can change where
those Little vibs are this way,,,,Still checkin that out..

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Also IMO there Is a definate difference In where these little non abtrusive
vibes fall depending on the weather.

On very HOT days I have,,,,,almost none.
Odd you mention that.

At 30-40 degrees I notice it more then 70-80 degrees (same gloves)

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
Ditto.

I do get a little vibe going at 85 mph, nothing that bothers me,
But Its back to Beemer from 90 on up:thumbsup
I get no bad vibes at 70-80 at all. I started riding again last year when I bought the Sporty and I find the more comfortable I am riding the less my hands go numb.

In traffic or unfamiliar road I unconsciously squeeze too hard. When I realize my hands are going numb I can relax my grip a little or lean on the cramp buster with my palm and the feeling comes right back.

Osco...for me to ride at 90 mph I'd need a couple Valium and an adult diaper!!!

·
Poser
4,426 Posts
I find the more comfortable I am riding the less my hands go numb.

In traffic or unfamiliar road I unconsciously squeeze too hard. When I realize my hands are going numb I can relax my grip a little or lean on the cramp buster with my palm and the feeling comes right back.

Osco...for me to ride at 90 mph I'd need a couple Valium and an adult diaper!!!
Point 1,,Yep I would like to fit bars that put my grips up one inch
and back one inch..

Point 2,, 10-4 on the cramp buster,,I use mine every time I point
the bike out of town.

Point 3,, I ONLY do this In very specific places with no cagers
In sight,,,104 mph Is like sex !

WIDE OPEN Till you see God then BRAKE !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having vibration issues like it’s only when I am at a idle or in first or second, I mean it is a 1200 and it’s a 94 but I love it i have this feeling it’s the Primary chain being loose well I am hoping that’s all it is!! lol

·
Registered
921 Posts
Adjusting the primary chain takes all of 10 minutes. If you have a jack or a way to keep the bike upright with the rear wheel just off the ground. Pull the spark plugs, put it in the highest gear. then pull the inspection cover (two screws) don't loose the little o rings. Rotate the rear wheel (FUN) and keep checking the primary chain for the tightest spot. Now adjust it to spec (mine's just a hair less that 1/2" slack) but, check your specs. Put it back together and see if it helped.

·
Retired citizen
23,107 Posts
I am having vibration issues like it’s only when I am at a idle or in first or second, I mean it is a 1200 and it’s a 94 but I love it i have this feeling it’s the Primary chain being loose well I am hoping that’s all it is!! lol
Check the right side drive pulley behind the cover, the big nut tends to loosen up after the locking bolts vibrate out. Kinda difficult to inspect but if the sprocket gets loose enough it can strip the gear threads, then the trans has to be torn down !
You might be able to get behind the pulley with a long screwdriver to test if it's loose or not.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
check all motor mounts, top and bottom. Make sure the also check that the handle bars and risers are tight. I have ridden a late model Sportster over 40, 000 miles and no excessive vibrations at all.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts